PDA

View Full Version : some sheep hunt pictures from this year

HIGHLANDER HUNTING
10-20-2017, 03:36 PM
As I mentioned on another post about using e-bikes while sheep hunting. Here are some pictures of some rams we spotted. We talk about this trip on our latest podcast episode (19).
I'll save you all from too much reading when it's been recorded but want to include the last paragraph from a write up I did on the whole trip:

"Our last night up on the slope we had our supper overlooking a tremendous piece of land that we shared with no other people. With a group of rams over our shoulder, chewing their cud 800 yards away. The mountain was covered with fossils of ancient sea shells. You could stand near the top of this slope we'd spent the better part of a week on, and look north and see rocky peak after peak after peak, and look south and see the same. Over the trip we'd spotted at least a dozen rams, a momma grizzly and her two cubs way up above the tree line having a snooze in the mid day sun, and a lone goat bedded up on a slope in the howling wind. for a guy who grew up in a steel town back east, this place never fails to impress me."

Spoiler alert, no sheep were harvested.

Cheers.
John
highlanderhunting.podbean.com

JonBoy
10-20-2017, 03:47 PM
What? You couldn't hit a sheep at 800 yds???

:D

HIGHLANDER HUNTING
10-20-2017, 03:56 PM
What? You couldn't hit a sheep at 800 yds???

:D

None legal. ;)