PDA

View Full Version : Udells outfitter review?

runnin'wild
10-29-2017, 03:16 AM
Anyone ever hear of Udells Guiding and Outfitting in Alberta? I'm asking from Manitoba by the way.

I've been trying to find some info on them but there is next to nothing that I can find.

Anyone know anything of them and their outfit? Seems like they are fairly new from what I can see. Next to no pics or reviews.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

blgoodbrand1
10-29-2017, 06:58 AM
I cant help you much but I will say that getting an unbiased report on a local outfitter from residents will be as likely as killing a 180 on your first day out.
It could happen but....
I would try some other forums a bit further removed from the source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torkdiesel
10-29-2017, 09:28 AM
What are you hunting for ?

There's only one guy on the forum I know that hunted with him and you won't get a happy review there, he was hunting elk.

Like Brad said try searching some forums further south or just google his company name and his personal name. If there have been issues, something will pop up, nobody keeps quiet these days 👍

I don't know him personally

runnin'wild
10-29-2017, 11:08 AM
What are you hunting for ?

There's only one guy on the forum I know that hunted with him and you won't get a happy review there, he was hunting elk.

Like Brad said try searching some forums further south or just google his company name and his personal name. If there have been issues, something will pop up, nobody keeps quiet these days 👍

I don't know him personally

Can u elaborate a bit on your buddys hunt or pm me his contact info by chance?

Thanks

Torkdiesel
10-29-2017, 11:12 AM
Can u elaborate a bit on your buddys hunt or pm me his contact info by chance?

Thanks

He's not a buddy, just a guy I talked to on the forum. I also didn't get specifics about the hunt, just a general opinion. Hopefully he'll chime in and give you the answers you're looking for.

huntingnut
10-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Why don't you contact them and get a list of references and then make your own decision.

As others have said. You won't get a fair assessment of any outfitters on this forum. A quick search should clarify that for you.

Mississippihunter
10-29-2017, 02:41 PM
I wanted to tell you that I just did a moose hunt with Kelly. He is the owner of Udells outfitting services. He is an outstanding outfitter. He has some good guides working for him beside himself. Their were 5 hunters in camp and 4 of us got a moose.
Camp was great and the food was excilent. Not one hunter complained about the service. I killed mine on the 2nd day of the hunt. Plenty of land to hunt as well. He is very knowledgeable of the hunting area. If you want a good experience I will tell you that you cant go wrong with Kelly.

35 whelen
10-29-2017, 03:45 PM
Just wondering on what you're planning on hunting in Alberta with an Outfitter if you're from Manitoba you can't hunt Moose I guess you could hunt Whitetail and Elk if an Outfitter is willing to take a Canadian resident some do good luck there's some good hunting to be had in Alberta

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

boah
10-29-2017, 03:46 PM
Why don't you contact them and get a list of references and then make your own decision.

As others have said. You won't get a fair assessment of any outfitters on this forum. A quick search should clarify that for you.
A list of references from them would all be positive, wouldnt they???

35 whelen
10-29-2017, 03:48 PM
What you want is some references from Hunters that never killed an animal with him that would be your better reference than somebody that shot something

ResidentSpokesman
10-29-2017, 03:50 PM
Just wondering on what you're planning on hunting in Alberta with an Outfitter if you're from Manitoba you can't hunt Moose I guess you could hunt Whitetail and Elk if an Outfitter is willing to take a Canadian resident some do good luck there's some good hunting to be had in Alberta

Why would he not be able to hunt Moose with an Outfitter?

35 whelen
10-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Because he's a Canadian resident not a nonresident alien I could be mistaken but I believe that's how it works now that I think of it I've guided quite a few guys from Quebec so maybe they can hunt on a non-resident alien tag just us albertans can't

35 whelen
10-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Any Outfitters on here know the rules for Canadian residents hunting moose in Alberta with an Outfitter

Torkdiesel
10-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Any Outfitters on here know the rules for Canadian residents hunting moose in Alberta with an Outfitter

Any non resident can use a non resident allocation. It's not specific to non resident aliens.

Only residents are excluded.

Interesting fact for you though. In BC a resident can use an Outfitters quota. So say you weren't drawn for a 3/4 curl sheep hunt in Southern BC you could hire an Outfitter and go 👍

35 whelen
10-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Yeah one problem with Alberta anyone from any other Province and come here and use your allocations but we can't we got to wait 3 years

Torkdiesel
10-29-2017, 04:09 PM
I wanted to tell you that I just did a moose hunt with Kelly. He is the owner of Udells outfitting services. He is an outstanding outfitter. He has some good guides working for him beside himself. Their were 5 hunters in camp and 4 of us got a moose.
Camp was great and the food was excilent. Not one hunter complained about the service. I killed mine on the 2nd day of the hunt. Plenty of land to hunt as well. He is very knowledgeable of the hunting area. If you want a good experience I will tell you that you cant go wrong with Kelly.

You're from Mississippi and just happened to join a hunting forum in Alberta at the same time as somebody who asked a question about an Outfitter you just hunted with ?
What a coincidence!!!

Welcome to the forum 👍

runnin'wild
10-29-2017, 04:14 PM

Looking to go for mulies. Can't seem to talk my brother in law into taking me as a hunter host, never knows what hes doing so looking another route. It's been on my list for sometime.

Don't see any problems with being a Canadian and going as I'm a paying customer. Would have to double check with regs but I would like to go check it out.

Ive asked for references and have them but as said who is running a business that would give u someone who will say its crap.

I am looking for the good and the bad to form a decision.

Anyone know what mulie population is like near the 3 creeks area?

blgoodbrand1
10-29-2017, 04:35 PM
You're from Mississippi and just happened to join a hunting forum in Alberta at the same time as somebody who asked a question about an Outfitter you just hunted with ?

What a coincidence!!!

Welcome to the forum 👍

[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runnin'wild
10-29-2017, 04:39 PM
What a coincidence!!!

Welcome to the forum 👍

Lol ya same thought.

Snap Shot
10-29-2017, 07:28 PM
I guided for waterfowl for him in 2005 or 06 now.
Unless things have drastically changed, I would look else where

runnin'wild
10-29-2017, 07:59 PM
I guided for waterfowl for him in 2005 or 06 now.
Unless things have drastically changed, I would look else where

I tried to PM you but your inbox is full