PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley

thrude1
05-12-2009, 12:07 PM
fished crawling valley last night for a few hrs didn't get any bites at all, maybe wrong place, time or technique.Any suggestion of a good starting point would be a great help not asking for your honey hole just would like to get started in the right direction. also stopped at the canal upsteam 2miles where a bunsh of pelican were hanging and caught 5 nice pike in about 10casts

rocky97
05-12-2009, 09:21 PM
u got a boat? best spots i fish are in the islands on the north east side of the lake. its still a lil early for the good bite with the water temps still being really cold. but last year on may long i managed 40 pike and a couple eyes this year is about a week or so off wat last year was like for water temp and the ice comming off so id give it another week or so. where abouts is the canal ur talking bout the one by the dam or is this another one?

sheephunter
05-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, the islands on the east side would be a good bet but I'd be looking in really shallow water. We've done extremely well at this time of year pitching jigs into a foot and a half of water.

thrude1
05-13-2009, 10:36 AM
thanks ,yes i've got a boat and will be heading to the east side.the canal is the one that feeds the dam from the river. instead of going back to the hwy turn east,go over te bridge and then south on the eid road it goes to the hwy to the south and there are a series of gates where the pike sit and wait for pelicans to eat them