PDA

View Full Version : Wedge pond kananaskis

Ppb
11-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Has anyone here fish wedge pond in Kananaskis? Was wondering if it would be worth a trip to catch a few grayling through the ice.
Thanks for any replies.

Brandonkop
11-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Has anyone here fish wedge pond in Kananaskis? Was wondering if it would be worth a trip to catch a few grayling through the ice.
Thanks for any replies.
Go to Quarry Lake you'll probably have better luck there!

Fly_Boy
11-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Go to Quarry Lake you'll probably have better luck there!

Keep in mind that Quarry Lake is catch & release only!

tallieho
11-19-2017, 03:09 PM
read your reg's they both are c&r

pinelakeperch
11-19-2017, 05:48 PM
How's access into Quarry? Truck needed? Any other recommendations? Wife is dying to catch a grayling.

MountainHunter7
11-19-2017, 06:16 PM
How's access into Quarry? Truck needed? Any other recommendations? Wife is dying to catch a grayling.

Access is good. Its Pretty much in Canmore. Paved road that is maintained right to the parking lot. You shouldn't have a problem with a car.

Brandonkop
11-19-2017, 06:41 PM
I have a few videos catching grayling from Quarry if you're interested in going there you can watch them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXYQHSYASI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvYUYPKgjYI

Brown I got out of Quarry Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zm0iv75y9E

pinelakeperch
11-19-2017, 09:59 PM
I have a few videos catching grayling from Quarry if you're interested in going there you can watch them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXYQHSYASI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvYUYPKgjYI

Brown I got out of Quarry Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zm0iv75y9E

Thanks! I'll have to give it a try this winter.

Spooner
11-19-2017, 10:23 PM
wedge is far more enjoyable to fish

Brandonkop
11-20-2017, 12:27 AM
wedge is far more enjoyable to fish

Do guys actually catch fish at wedge pond in the winter? I haven't heard of much success being had there? I think there are bigger ones in quarry too.

rena0040
11-20-2017, 06:07 AM
I was at wedge in September, didn't see a single fish rise. Only thing I saw were a few dead 1-2" minnows around shore.

Spooner
11-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Do guys actually catch fish at wedge pond in the winter? I haven't heard of much success being had there? I think there are bigger ones in quarry too.

Maybe try it sometime. Then you'll know.

Brandonkop
11-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Maybe try it sometime. Then you'll know.Everyone's definition of enjoyable is different. For your description as, " far more enjoyable," thought you'd have more to say then that. I'm not often in the area so I'll pass for now.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Spooner
11-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Everyone's definition of enjoyable is different. For your description as, " far more enjoyable," thought you'd have more to say then that. I'm not often in the area so I'll pass for now.

Haha. If you're not familiar then your opinion doesn't have much merit.

Quarry is like icefishing the southland dog park. Completely landscaped setting, and too many expert tourists covered in GoPros.

Wedge is a beautiful spot nestled in the trees.

Okotokian
11-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Wedge is a beautiful spot nestled in the trees.

Lovely. But the question is fish, not scenery. Your opinion apparently doesn't have much merit in this discussion either. Brandon offered a useful opinion based on experience. Take a pill.

Spooner
11-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Lovely. But the question is fish, not scenery. Your opinion apparently doesn't have much merit in this discussion either. Brandon offered a useful opinion based on experience. Take a pill.

Have you fished it?

Okotokian
11-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Have you fished it?
Fished both. . SO?

Spooner
11-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Fished both. . SO?

Well, tell us about the fish then.

Brandonkop
11-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Have you fished it?I didn't have an oppinion on wedge since I've never been, I had a question regarding fishing at wedge. You ascertained my assumption that some people like yourself find more enjoyment in the environment surrounding the lake. Where as some of us would fish in a puddle in the landfill if we knew there were ten pound trout there.

I've had several successful outings to quarry and I'm no hermit, so I actually enjoy talking to people passing by and giving them a little fishing education.

To each his own. I'm glad you enjoy wedge!

The original poster can fish where ever he wants it really doesn't matter to me.

RavYak
11-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Wedge is worth fishing. Wasn't the easiest bite for me this summer but they were in there.

Never been to quarry, easy enough to go fish both if you want to.

Ppb
11-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the responses fellas, I didn’t think when I started this thread it would start an argument.
I do agree that wedge is a nicer setting to spend a day than quarry, I have flyfished both in the summer months in years past but it has been awhile since being to wedge.
I was looking to see if anyone on the board has had any success ice fishing wedge and whether it would be worth the effort.

Thanks for the info on quarry and great videos Brandon.

Okotokian
11-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Well, tell us about the fish then.

not about my experience, it's about you putting others down and telling them their opinion doesn't matter. Get down off your high horse. All you've offered is that it's pretty. That's nice, but it doesn't invalidate anyone else's comments about how it or any other body of water fishes. YOu can both be right. Quarry can fish better and Wedge can be prettier. There.

Spooner
11-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the responses fellas, I didn’t think when I started this thread it would start an argument.
I do agree that wedge is a nicer setting to spend a day than quarry, I have flyfished both in the summer months in years past but it has been awhile since being to wedge.
I was looking to see if anyone on the board has had any success ice fishing wedge and whether it would be worth the effort.

Thanks for the info on quarry and great videos Brandon.

It's worth the effort. PM me for details.

rena0040
11-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Bear pond for me, is probably better than both wedge or quarry

thumper
11-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Bear pond for me, is probably better than both wedge or quarry

Prettier or more fish ???? :sHa_shakeshout:

Okotokian
11-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Prettier or more fish ???? :sHa_shakeshout:

LOL Both. Now slap this man. :)

Ppb
11-21-2017, 12:27 PM
Bear is obviously the better of the three in the summer months but it’s not really an ice fishing destination.
Does anyone know if they still stock Quarry and Wedge? I tried looking it up and the only info I could find was dated back in 2013. If that was the last time that these water bodies were stocked then that could explain the slow bite at wedge that most speak of.