PDA

View Full Version : Blood Indian

kinwahkly
11-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Any body have any ice reports out of Blood Indian out by Youngstown Alta?

Smiity
11-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Was out there before the warm stretch and it was 4-5”, But after the warm weather it could be open water now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the11fisherman
12-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Speaking of Blood Indian, I heard that it is infested with Prussian carp.....are they getting caught in numbers up there?

Smiity
12-01-2017, 12:08 PM
I had heard that as well, however fishing was slow and didn’t catch any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter4ever12
12-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Speaking of Blood Indian, I heard that it is infested with Prussian carp.....are they getting caught in numbers up there?

My buddy went fishing there this summer with his family,said they only caught carp. If he didn’t catch them they would have been skunked,I’d say there’s quite a few in there now.

pinelakeperch
12-02-2017, 09:58 AM
The carp have been there in high numbers for 4 or 5 years now. I don't target them, but catch lots of trout with carp in their bellies. When there's clear ice in the shallows, you can look down and see large numbers of them, flashing like silver dollars.

I went out once this summer, and spoke to a worker at the Trading Post who indicated that the fishing this summer was the worst in memory. Hopefully that was just due to the heat, and not the carp.

I didn't do very well, I trolled the lake for a few hours and caught three. A small brown, a decent rainbow and a large rainbow. Can't wait to get out on the ice this year, early ice is always crazy on that lake!

https://i.imgur.com/zwUsHay.jpg

4.5 lbs. Would've won the fishing derby by a mile. Notice it's missing a pectoral fin.

Russ C
12-02-2017, 05:48 PM
The carp have been there in high numbers for 4 or 5 years now. I don't target them, but catch lots of trout with carp in their bellies. When there's clear ice in the shallows, you can look down and see large numbers of them, flashing like silver dollars.

I went out once this summer, and spoke to a worker at the Trading Post who indicated that the fishing this summer was the worst in memory. Hopefully that was just due to the heat, and not the carp.

I didn't do very well, I trolled the lake for a few hours and caught three. A small brown, a decent rainbow and a large rainbow. Can't wait to get out on the ice this year, early ice is always crazy on that lake!

https://i.imgur.com/zwUsHay.jpg

4.5 lbs. Would've won the fishing derby by a mile. Notice it's missing a pectoral fin.

Nice looking trout, good job.

JareS
12-02-2017, 06:31 PM
I was there in the heat of the summer of 2016.

The Prussian Carp were big enough that they were being caught by shore anglers with worms and P-rigs.

Report from other anglers was slow but I caught a couple Bows. I wasn’t surprised to hear it was slow, being my first time there I was shocked that trout overwinter in that eutrophic lake

pinelakeperch
12-02-2017, 08:40 PM
I was there in the heat of the summer of 2016.

The Prussian Carp were big enough that they were being caught by shore anglers with worms and P-rigs.

Report from other anglers was slow but I caught a couple Bows. I wasn’t surprised to hear it was slow, being my first time there I was shocked that trout overwinter in that eutrophic lake

They definitely overwinter. I've caught thirty in an afternoon through the ice. Great little lake!

pinelakeperch
02-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Caught a ton of tiger trout today in Blood Indian. Big numbers today for rainbows and tigers (one brookie and maybe one brown, it was hard to tell), but no size. Knew the tigers would be small, but it’s rare I don’t ice a fat 15-16in bow at the very least.

pinelakeperch
02-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Tiger from the weekend (no, that's not my hand :sHa_sarcasticlol:)

https://i.imgur.com/A9uWoul.jpg

Fishfinder
02-07-2018, 11:22 AM
I've never been to Blood. No real reason why, heard it can be windy as heck, and since I generally flyfish these days, I guess that's my excuse.
That said, I think it's time to plan a trip in the spring (broken wrist atm). I'll do my part pulling out the carp and maybe with a lil luck I can find my first Tiger. A chance to knock two new species off my list at one lake, I'm in!
Thanx for sharing folks.:)

slough shark
02-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Is anyone catching Prussian carp through the ice?

pinelakeperch
02-07-2018, 03:23 PM
I've never been to Blood. No real reason why, heard it can be windy as heck, and since I generally flyfish these days, I guess that's my excuse.
That said, I think it's time to plan a trip in the spring (broken wrist atm). I'll do my part pulling out the carp and maybe with a lil luck I can find my first Tiger. A chance to knock two new species off my list at one lake, I'm in!
Thanx for sharing folks.:)

It is a particularly windy area. You won’t have a problem catching rainbows, brookies, and tigers, but the browns are fairly elusive (in my experience)
Is anyone catching Prussian carp through the ice?

I haven’t, nor have I heard of anyone doing so. I imagine you’d have to be using corn or worms with a pickerel rig. I primarily jig and use shrimp with slip bobbers, so that might explain why I haven’t. To be honest, I’ve never seen a catchable carp in there. Just small silver dollar sized ones. That said, it’s fairly well established that there are swarms of catchable carp in there.

coyoteman
02-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Beautiful lake ,the separate camp sites a bonus. I found trolling with a number 3 blue fox highly effective in that lake,why that spinner is so effective in that lake i have no idea, picked up the limit mid day many times, just circleing by the damn.cheers.

dodger
02-20-2018, 09:15 AM
How’s it for snow out that way? I have a buddy that is passing through and he only has a car.
Thanks.

Dodger

pinelakeperch
02-20-2018, 10:08 AM
How’s it for snow out that way? I have a buddy that is passing through and he only has a car.
Thanks.

Dodger

I'd imagine there's a fair bit of snow in the park, but the highway getting there should be no problem. If he has an issue getting through the park, he can always park close by and walk to the lake. It's a small lake and there are lots of good spots within walking distance from shore.

dodger
02-20-2018, 12:17 PM
I'd imagine there's a fair bit of snow in the park, but the highway getting there should be no problem. If he has an issue getting through the park, he can always park close by and walk to the lake. It's a small lake and there are lots of good spots within walking distance from shore.

Thanks for the info.

Dodger

Clueless
02-20-2018, 03:47 PM
What’s the best depth to fish at in this reservoir?
Honing to give my first try!!
Any advice would be great 👍

pinelakeperch
02-21-2018, 09:00 AM
What’s the best depth to fish at in this reservoir?
Honing to give my first try!!
Any advice would be great ��

6-10 feet.

pinelakeperch
03-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Heading out to Blood Indian tomorrow. Hoping to hit the Blood Indian slam (rainbow, brook, brown, tiger)!

Bigheaddoug
03-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Let us know how you did. Planning my first ever trip out there on Sunday. Any pointers on where to fish?

pinelakeperch
03-09-2018, 10:40 AM
Let us know how you did. Planning my first ever trip out there on Sunday. Any pointers on where to fish?

Stick fairly close to shore, in 6-10 FOW. SW end of the lake is my favourite. So many fish in there that you really can't go wrong. Good luck!

pinelakeperch
03-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Fished in 7.5 feet of water. Caught a pile of tigers and rainbows, but didn’t get anything of size. Fiancé caught one 17 incher, but that was it. Great weather.

stirfry1
03-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Wondering if anybody takes their trailer during the ice fishing season?
Might make for a fun weekend Ice fishing trip.

pinelakeperch
03-12-2018, 02:40 PM

How'd you do?

Sharpie
03-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Wondering if anybody takes their trailer during the ice fishing season?
Might make for a fun weekend Ice fishing trip.

You can camp on shore right next to the water at an actual campsite, Fire pit and picnic table. Pretty sure its free in the winter to.

Reggie2015
03-18-2018, 09:09 PM
Can a guy get within walking distance of the ice in just a car right now? I don't have a sled to drag all my gear
Just want to haul the auger and a couple rods, is the snow plowed in the campground?

pinelakeperch
03-18-2018, 09:43 PM
Can a guy get within walking distance of the ice in just a car right now? I don't have a sled to drag all my gear
Just want to haul the auger and a couple rods, is the snow plowed in the campground?

For sure, it just might be a bit of a hike to some of the productive spots.

hookset
03-21-2018, 09:59 AM
Anyone been out lately?? many bites?? ice slushy/wet??

pinelakeperch
03-21-2018, 10:04 AM
Anyone been out lately?? many bites?? ice slushy/wet??

I was there a week and a half ago. See above posts.

LCCFisherman
03-27-2018, 08:55 AM
Any open water on it yet?

pinelakeperch
03-27-2018, 11:07 AM

Highly, highly doubt it. Haven't seen a lot of high temperatures out there, and the nighttime temperatures have consistently been below zero. Hell, it's supposed to hit -20 on Friday night out there.

hookset
03-27-2018, 02:01 PM

I drove on 4 days ago and needed an extension on the auger. quite a few shacks still on the ice. I would think the edges will start to get soft once there is consecutive warm days and high winds.

pinelakeperch
03-27-2018, 02:03 PM
I drove on 4 days ago and needed an extension on the auger. quite a few shacks still on the ice. I would think the edges will start to get soft once there is consecutive warm days and high winds.

How'd you do?

mongo
04-30-2018, 10:34 PM
Buddy was out sat and caught a few small tiger no bows and a few carp . Carp by the thousands close to shore said it was gross.

pinelakeperch
05-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Buddy was out sat and caught a few small tiger no bows and a few carp . Carp by the thousands close to shore said it was gross.

Did he/she say how big the carp were?

pinelakeperch
05-04-2018, 01:24 PM
Anyone know if there's a derby this year? I tried calling the Trading Post, but I couldn't get a hold of them. I wonder if they'd be able to include a carp bounty. Most carp wins a prize :)