PDA

View Full Version : Off to Newell.

reelhooker
05-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Well I'm off to Newell for the weekend. Myself and a friend will be the ones in an late 70's- 14' glascon with a blue top and white/black bottom. Have a great weekend to all and be safe. Tight lines. RH

bowness
05-16-2009, 09:43 PM
How did you do? I have tags for walleye and know nothing about the lake.

WayneChristie
05-16-2009, 09:52 PM
its a big lake. and its 20 minutes from my house, gotta love it. Seen some nice walleyes caught from the shore near the south end

bowness
05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I have a 18 footer ready to fill our six walleye tags. Ideas on where to go?

reelhooker
05-17-2009, 10:50 PM
This was the first time I have been on Newel and not had major winds. It was awesome weather until this morning when It cooled off. Friday at about 9 am the first fish hit. In the next five hours we had what was an amazing day (For me).lol. We pulled in 21 jacks-most under 30cm but a few goodones as well. And 11 Eyes'. One six pound walley and a fourteen lbs jack were the top fish of the day. Saturday and today were not quite as good but still at least three double headers every day. I would be happy to mark a google map for you with the locations I had success on. Over all in roughly 25 hours of fishing we landed close to 100 fish. This a a great personal achievement for me as I usually feel like everyone else is catching them but me. Anyways hope all had a great, safe weekend and I'll see if I can do the google map thing for you. RH

brandon
05-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Great job on the fish, those are some humongo fish!!!
Waht were you using?

ULTRAlite
05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Sounds like a great day to me as well - Good on ya. Newell has always been good to me. Did you have tags? Headed there Wed - Sun this week to fill ours. Hope we have as good a trip as you. What were you fishing? Depth? :)

bowness
05-18-2009, 07:49 PM
That sounds awesome! Glad to hear of your success. Maybe we have a chance of filling our tags. Do you fish during the winter?