PDA

View Full Version : badger advise

strathmorite
05-15-2009, 08:04 PM
taking the boat out to badger tomorrow and just looking for pointers from any one that is familiar with spring fishing this reservoir ( i am fishing for lunker pike :) :).

P.S. thank you everyone that gave pointers for Travers had the family out for the first weekend with the boat last weekend and caught fish and even 2 keeper walleye (5 lb and a 4lb)

bowfin
05-15-2009, 09:30 PM
troll those 8-10 inch rapalas in perch or whitefish or firetiger in 15 ft of water lure should dive down 11-13 ft on a good cast put rod in rod holder crack beer hang on your speed between 2-2.5 mph have a 44 inch on wall to prove it i found the best places are out front of boat launch and by the dams and the canel have fun and post pictures of the big ones

Renslipevol
05-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Im also heading there tomorrow. I will just be casting off of the shore. I picked up some big smelts to toss out there and hang, hopefully one of the big ones!

strathmorite
05-16-2009, 08:57 PM
well to start with, I sure wish I knew that the water went really shallow north of the boat launch, beached the boat and the wife had to jump in to push us off LOL. any way, we had a great day caught 11 fish and the biggest only hit 5 lbs but put up a great fight I put the picture in here.