PDA

View Full Version : oyen area

Huntar
05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Working in the oyen area for the next 2 months hoping to do some fishing on sundays. There is a stocked pond in town which is nise caught a 2 ponder tonight but wonder where eles to go. Is the red deer or SSR any good at this time of year? Just wonder about run off. Also blood indian res or berry creek res. Dont need your hot spots but and info would be great, just new to the area. Thanks in advance.:)

Huntar
05-17-2009, 04:12 PM
well we tried Berry creek res today south end was slow only 1 small pike but the north end on the creek just before the res was very productive. fished for about 4 hours 12 pike between 2 of us. 3 where legal but released all. There was also a couple of kids fishing also they did very well about 15 in the same time. Anyone tried blood indian res?

madatter
05-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Blood Indian has some nice trout in it and is a nice little area.
Acadia Valley has a dam with trout in it too,used to be good but have not fished it for a long time.
Sandy Point,where the SSR and Highway 41 meet used to be good fishing,though usually later in year.
Never had much luck on the Red Deer River.......

ULTRAlite
05-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Just fished Blood Indian last weekend - had a great day with a bead head hares ear nymph. Some pretty decent sized ones as well. Think there's something north of Oyen... can't remember the name.

madatter
05-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Just fished Blood Indian last weekend - had a great day with a bead head hares ear nymph. Some pretty decent sized ones as well. Think there's something north of Oyen... can't remember the name.

There used to be a dugout north of Oyen about 20km on the 41 stocked with rainbows,again it's been ages since I fished it but I believe it was still on the fish stocking list.

Huntar
05-18-2009, 07:47 PM

Yes is just west of oyen I may try blood next weekend where you fishing from shore? If so what part? Thanks again :wave::wave:

tonyflyfish
05-18-2009, 07:51 PM
producing well

acrtech
01-31-2016, 05:50 AM
This Is all I found with a search about ice fishing this reservoir.

Can any one offer up any info about Ice Fishing the Acadia Valley Resevoir?

Thanks Guys !