PDA

View Full Version : Replica fish mounts

7mmremmag
12-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Hey I am looking into having a replica done for me and my brother in law. Just curious who guys have used in the past, good or bad results. Prices etc.
I will be looking to mount my 116" Blue marlin and my brother in laws 86" Pacific sailfish.
Doesnt seem to be many guys in Canada that do the big southern saltwater fish.
Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hunter4ever12
12-18-2017, 05:52 PM
Interested in this as well,heard they cost a fortune but last forever.

lone wolf
12-18-2017, 06:00 PM
http://ganderstaxidermy.com/

My father had a 50 lb replica Chinook done by them in 2000, to match the largest salmon he caught on a self guided trip we took to Rivers Inlet. I inherited it when he passed in 2012. Seventeen years later it looks as good today as the day it arrived. Very realistic, beautifully finished and quite light. Not cheap but I would highly recommend.

7finn
12-19-2017, 11:40 AM
I would highly recommend this place . http://www.advancedtaxidermy.com/index.php

I have seen hundreds of their mounts and are top notch. Yes they are pricy and yes the turn around time will be long but it’s all worth it. They are in Ontario but they do ship . If I had any $$ and wanted to mount a fish this is the place I would use 100%

I think they have some mounts at Basspro that you could see. Call advanced and they could probably tell you were you could see some of there work in Alberta area

lromanchuk
12-19-2017, 12:03 PM
Not looking to derail this thread here, but does anyone know what information is required from the original fish to make a replica? Let's say your fishing a C & R lake in the winter and you have very minimal time to return the fish to the water. What information should a guy get? Length ? Girth? and a picture?

RavYak
12-19-2017, 12:52 PM
The costs on those replicas is going to be high so I would for sure pay the extra bucks and make sure to get them done by someone that has done them before.

Advanced Taxidermy is the only place in Canada I know of that I would trust with fish like that.

Gotta be some good guys down in Florida too with even more experience on those fish but I don't know who they would be and shipping would be expensive(going to be expensive from Toronto too though).

boonedocks
12-19-2017, 02:34 PM
Not looking to derail this thread here, but does anyone know what information is required from the original fish to make a replica? Let's say your fishing a C & R lake in the winter and you have very minimal time to return the fish to the water. What information should a guy get? Length ? Girth? and a picture?

Exactly, Length, girth and a photo is all that’s required. I have a pike from Advanced and a laker on order. You get what you pay for!

Serengeti Charters
12-19-2017, 02:45 PM
ADVANCED TAXIDERMY. Seen hundreds of fish mounts in my day and nothing beats what they do, saw some sailfish they had done and marlin and do an amazing job, in Ontario and will ship right to you. Did a bang up job on our 64lb Chinook.

Without a doubt in my mind no one else you should get it done with!

7mmremmag
12-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Awesome thanks alot for the responses guys.
I will definitely look into the guys that are suggested

pinelakeperch
12-19-2017, 09:09 PM
I got my smallmouth bass and walleye done out of Wisconsin, don't recall the company. It's nice to be able to release a fish and still have the memory on the wall.

35 whelen
12-20-2017, 08:57 AM
Try Hawkins Taxidermy out of Winnipeg if I'm not mistaken they invented the replica fish

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

kiren
12-20-2017, 02:39 PM
I would for sure give a call to Ben at Art of Taxidermy, in Lethbridge,
www.artoftaxidermy.com

http://www.artoftaxidermy.com/fish.html

he has done some awesome fish reproductions. Probably you will be looking at some big dollars having fish done in that size.. but check out his Gallery and find out for your self.