PDA

View Full Version : RAZR Electric Auger from Costco

riden
12-20-2017, 07:51 PM
I read that this is a new product, and I am not finding many reliable reviews anywhere. Has anyone here had a chance to try one or know anything about this brand/model?

It's an 8 inch auger but the price is right, $599

Russ C
12-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Nice thing with Costco is the return policy. If for any reason just return it to your local warehouse.

1bluZebec
12-25-2017, 02:48 PM
Hopefully not more Chinese junk. Still sooooo much money for a hole to be put into the ice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaymann
12-25-2017, 03:08 PM
It's basically a strikemaster. They're made in Minnesota. I'm not sure if the electric power head is the same as the strikemaster electrics but every below is a strikemaster auger.

blgoodbrand1
12-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Can’t remember what brand it was but I saw a 40v auger at peavy mart a few days ago.

bucksman
12-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Can’t remember what brand it was but I saw a 40v auger at peavy mart a few days ago.

ION was at peavey marts

bucksman
12-26-2017, 09:57 PM
It's basically a strikemaster. They're made in Minnesota. I'm not sure if the electric power head is the same as the strikemaster electrics but every below is a strikemaster auger.

Razr website says it has been making augers for 10 years and decided to make their own so it would make sense it was someone involved with strikemaster, might be worth a shot now that a guy knows that especially with the return policy costco has

PerchBuster
12-27-2017, 07:31 AM
Blades for these are made in China, suspect the rest of it may be also. Perhaps only assembled in the USA? Looks like it might be ok though, definitely less expensive than the Ion but not too sure about it’s overall quality. Most stuff from Costco is pretty decent though. Good luck