PDA

View Full Version : Los Cabos vacation

warriorboy10
12-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Have never been to the Pacific side of Mexico, pretty much want to go there to fish and just hang out in Los Cabos or Cabo. At this point not interested in going off shore for fish but would rather do inshore fishing.

Anyone have any recommendations for the resorts or have used a good Panga guide?

Thanks,

propliner
12-22-2017, 01:16 PM
I've been there a few times and went Marlin fishing once and had no luck. I've seen guys fishing the beaches with long rods but the waves will pound you good and have a big undertow.

The political climate is destabilizing there as the cartel seems to be moving in there now:
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/12/21/mexican-cartel-hangs-six-bodies-overpass-cabo-la-paz/

I'm not sure I want to go back.

1899b
12-22-2017, 01:22 PM
I have stayed all over in Mexico Caribbean side and pacific side and Cabo wins hands down. Will be back there in a couple months...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/Win94/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/0B47BE5D-FD1F-482C-AB2A-61F3E7BB5C08_zpsunu30ik5.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Win94/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/0B47BE5D-FD1F-482C-AB2A-61F3E7BB5C08_zpsunu30ik5.jpg.html)

spoiledsaskhunter
12-22-2017, 08:23 PM
who's the ape?.......someone you saw on the beach!:sHa_shakeshout:

we went down last winter and really enjoyed it, but I don't look like that.

Jays toyz
12-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Hey 1899, are you Brock Lesnar in real life?

Jays toyz
12-22-2017, 11:08 PM
I've been there a few times and went Marlin fishing once and had no luck. I've seen guys fishing the beaches with long rods but the waves will pound you good and have a big undertow.

The political climate is destabilizing there as the cartel seems to be moving in there now:
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/12/21/mexican-cartel-hangs-six-bodies-overpass-cabo-la-paz/

I'm not sure I want to go back.

Did you just use Breitbart as a source? The story has lots of corroboration however.

riden
12-22-2017, 11:23 PM
Would it matter if you don’t plan to leave the resort?

I’ve only been once. But next time I go, I doubt I’ll leave the resort.

I’m thinking it would be a cheap trip.

propliner
12-22-2017, 11:24 PM
Did you just use Breitbart as a source? The story has lots of corroboration however.

Yes I used Breitbart. Compared to the CBC and CNN, it is the unflinching, eternal truth.

Yycadm
12-23-2017, 04:12 AM
We had a condo there for a number of years. Absolutely love the area...Hands down the best place to be in Mexico. Big enough you can get anything you want, small enough to still feel a bit "small town".
We sold two years ago. Things had been getting worse and worse with the local Police for a number of years with corruption and bribery. They finally fired the entire Police force from the Chief down and the Federales took over; it got much worse.
We still visit, still love it, but pay attention to where you are and who's around you at all times. Tourists no llonger hold the same importance to the locals they once did

canuck
12-23-2017, 08:53 AM
My neighbors on either side of me both have places outside of San Jose del Cabo and both have told me of the increased cartel activity (murders,etc) in the area, not that they feel unsafe just need to be aware and stay out of the rougher areas which for them, being multimillionaires, is not an issue.

The wife and I go to somewhere in Mexico every year and we both agree that Cabo itself is one place we would never go back to; right from the crazy airport to the filthy condition of the city to our lousy resort - just wasn't a good experience.
For our money, our fav is north Nuevo Vallarta - Punta Mita,Sayalita,Guyabitos.
I've not fished there but see plenty of people beach fishing.

Gary K
01-04-2018, 10:55 AM
yah im not a fan of cabo, may as well stay in cali.

also prefer punta mita, even bucerias.
cabo isnt mexico.

John d
01-04-2018, 09:01 PM
I like Cabo shorter flight and cooler temp in the day
But not as good for swimming in the ocean
Lots of high rip tide current

1899b
01-05-2018, 07:49 AM
yah im not a fan of cabo, may as well stay in cali.

also prefer punta mita, even bucerias.
cabo isnt mexico.

I hear ya. I don't head south for a cultural experience. The mexican way of life doesnt interest me. I just need hot temps, a pool and a decent gym. Everything else is just a bonus.

spazzy
01-05-2018, 01:43 PM
I've been a few times about this time of year and always hit up the fishing ive been on some expensive boat rides and havent got anything in other areas . This hands down is the best fishing i have done off shore everytime 400 bucks gets the boat and first mate for 8 hours for 2 or 3 people not bad in my books . My buddy and i caught 11 mahi mahi couple of jacks some big grouper sail fish and a 180 lbs marlin . The year before about the same 200 lbs marlin and 8 mahi it was just me then and i opted to go back after 5 hours as my arms couldnt handle it any more . You have to haggle with them to get the good price and they are more willing to bargain when you let them know you will be tipping 30 percent is fairly standard even more when you catch big . Dont book through the resorts actualy go into town and go to the dock and let them know right off the hop your there to catch not fish and you should get the right captain . Both times my captain could not speak english but he was killer on the marlin we hooked up 3 times and landed once all in the first 3 hours then it was off to the mahi . Ill be back for sure !!