PDA

View Full Version : Oiler Tickets

Jamie
12-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Hey guys... Where do you get cheap oiler tickets?
Here in Calgary we have 3rd level seating for like $35 a seat. We buy them through Co Op or Sport Chek.

I am needing 4 tickets (Generally together) for the Black Hawks game on the 29th. Anyone have any leads?

It's my son and 3 friends who are going.

Thanks
Jamie

reddeerguy2015
12-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Cheap. And Oilers tickets. Don't go together.... Or at least since they moved into Rogers.

Maybe someone knows better than me. Last time I priced out 4 Oilers tickets on Ticketmaster it was around $600. :scared0018:

Jamie
12-26-2017, 04:18 PM
Cheap. And Oilers tickets. Don't go together.... Or at least since they moved into Rogers.

Maybe someone knows better than me. Last time I priced out 4 Oilers tickets on Ticketmaster it was around $600. :scared0018:

Yeah, I am just under that right now. That doesn't seem to make sense.

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 04:21 PM
I think you will be SOL if you want a cheap ticket to the New and Mighty Ice Palace of McJesus & the Rest of the Team. Somebody has to pay for a season of completely dominating mediocrity, and it's the frothing at the mouth crowd who fill the stands.....:lol:

Bait set, and Bessiedog and Brenden's Dad should be showing up shortly......

Jamie
12-26-2017, 04:24 PM
I think you will be SOL if you want a cheap ticket to the New and Mighty Ice Palace of McJesus & the Rest of the Team. Somebody has to pay for a season of completely dominating mediocrity, and it's the frothing at the mouth crowd who fill the stands.....:lol:

Bait set, and Bessiedog and Brenden's Dad should be showing up shortly......

How do kids go to these games?
The future flames fan base is sitting in nose bled seats and happy to be there. It's $35... Is there no "Family Zone" ?

purgatory.sv
12-26-2017, 04:40 PM
https://www.ticketmaster.ca/Edmonton-Oilers-tickets/artist/805943

Jamie
12-26-2017, 04:50 PM
I was there.. It would cost these 16 year old kids $1,000 to go to a game..

bobtodrick
12-26-2017, 04:55 PM
The future flames fan base is sitting in nose bled seats and happy to be there. It's $35... Is there no "Family Zone" ?

The kids watch the Oil Kings...great hockey, played in the wonderful monument to Katz 😡 and $30 a ticket.
All that and they win more than the Oilers!

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 05:00 PM

Edmonton has no Family Zone, as most Oilers fans aren't really that sure of their lineage. That's the word on the street anyway.....:lol:

Bait is doubled down, how long before Bessie reacts......?

purgatory.sv
12-26-2017, 05:05 PM

I know ,went to the site asked for four and found out they were per ticket,kinda pricey.
Good luck on the search.

Jamie
12-26-2017, 05:13 PM
The kids watch the Oil Kings...great hockey, played in the wonderful monument to Katz 😡 and $30 a ticket.
All that and they win more than the Oilers!

So in Calgary they can go to a NHL game for $35???
Jesus whats wrong with people?

Jamie
12-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Edmonton has no Family Zone, as most Oilers fans aren't really that sure of their lineage. That's the word on the street anyway.....:lol:

Bait is doubled down, how long before Bessie reacts......?

Ok... This MIGHT be slam of the year!!

So, if 2 oiler fans get divorced.. Are they still brother and Sister?

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Ok... This MIGHT be slam of the year!!

So, if 2 oiler fans get divorced.. Are they still brother and Sister?

That's too far. But they can still be cousins. :)

bessiedog
12-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Three

Back

And fading fast......

Oh the whining......

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Three

Back

And fading fast......

Oh the whining......

Yes. Oilers are fading fast. I just love when you go all honest on us Bessie! :lol:

I knew the bait was good! Gonna make a Bessie Rug!

elkhunter11
12-26-2017, 06:30 PM
I turned down opportunities to watch games for free in corporate boxes, I certainly wouldn't pay those kind of prices to watch a game in Edmonton.

MooseRiverTrapper
12-26-2017, 06:35 PM
I turned down opportunities to watch games for free in corporate boxes, I certainly wouldn't pay those kind of prices to watch a game in Edmonton.

It was a courtesy invite

D4l3k
12-26-2017, 06:39 PM
Lowest priced nose bleed oilers ticket is over 100$ each
if you want to watch mcjesus in the temple we built him

Family games are for the oil Kings games (WHL) in Edmonton, not for NHL games, still in the temple, but no mcjesus (or his disciples) will grace the ice

huntinstuff
12-26-2017, 06:48 PM
Too bad it wasnt Jan 2 game against the Kings. I could really help out

Mavrick
12-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Went to a game this year on free company tickets.( price of each ticket was nuts) I haven't been in years, loud music, more bright lights then Las Vegas, and local radio and sport jockeys yelling into mikes thinking their the biggest celebrities to hit town. In there some where was a 4-1 loss to ???. If you want to take someone to a hockey GAME , do the Oil Kings, you might watch hockey instead of a three ring circus.

Jamie
12-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Too bad it wasnt Jan 2 game against the Kings. I could really help out

That would have been fun my friend. Unfortunately he is back at work. (Busing tables is the life blood of a 16 year old)

I am still not sure how I feel about him and 3 buddies heading 3 hours north to stay at his friends parents rental condo and hanging out at the mall. They are all 16 and all good kids. I think I am unsure because I know what I was doing then. Admittedly, he has never done a thing wrong that would make me not trust him. Good kid, good friends, keeps busy with work and hockey, good marks, respectful. And yet I am still not sure....
One thing that bugs me is that I have always been the parent that pushed boundaries. I let him drive at 1, I trusted him on the LRT at 12. But this seems like a stretch... Funny, I don't know if I would have a problem if he told me they were going skiing for the weekend... I am finding all this tough to take..

huntsfurfish
12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Three

Back

And fading fast......

Oh the whining......

Looks like Edmonton didnt give the Flames a big enough lead. Not very challenging.:sHa_shakeshout::)

huntinstuff
12-26-2017, 07:19 PM
That would have been fun my friend. Unfortunately he is back at work. (Busing tables is the life blood of a 16 year old)

I am still not sure how I feel about him and 3 buddies heading 3 hours north to stay at his friends parents rental condo and hanging out at the mall. They are all 16 and all good kids. I think I am unsure because I know what I was doing then. Admittedly, he has never done a thing wrong that would make me not trust him. Good kid, good friends, keeps busy with work and hockey, good marks, respectful. And yet I am still not sure....
One thing that bugs me is that I have always been the parent that pushed boundaries. I let him drive at 1, I trusted him on the LRT at 12. But this seems like a stretch... Funny, I don't know if I would have a problem if he told me they were going skiing for the weekend... I am finding all this tough to take..

I “borrowed” a truck at 13 and drove 1100 km round trip with 3 girls to see AC/DC.....
Don’t worry about him at WEM. LOL

Talking moose
12-26-2017, 07:31 PM
35 bucks to watch the flames? Lmao! Whatever it takes to fill the seats I guess. A show of supply and demand at its finest. If Calgary could fill the seats at double the cost, they would be doing it. I spent more on girl guide cookies today. L

ETOWNCANUCK
12-26-2017, 07:37 PM
Cheapest Oiler tickets are for sale in Phoenix.

As for letting him go?

Give him, the drive safe, don’t drink, safe sex talk and let him go.

Man up so he can.

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 07:37 PM
35 bucks to watch the flames? Lmao! Whatever it takes to fill the seats I guess. A show of supply and demand at its finest. If Calgary could fill the seats at double the cost, they would be doing it. I spent more on girl guide cookies today. L

So, Oilers fans are willing to pay a huge premium on a product that is still 3 points inferior to the Flames. Guess that's all part of the delusion.....

Talking moose
12-26-2017, 07:39 PM
So, Oilers fans are willing to pay a huge premium on a product that is still 3 points inferior to the Flames. Guess that's all part of the delusion.....

Maybe they should play each other to see who wins.

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Maybe they should play each other to see who wins.

Maybe Oilers fans should deal with the reality of trailing the Flames all season?

Talking moose
12-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Maybe Oilers fans should deal with the reality of trailing the Flames all season?
You realize that we are 3 points behind but play each other 3 more times? That puts the oil 3 points up!

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 07:47 PM
You realize that we are 3 points behind but play each other 3 more times? That puts the oil 3 points up!

At what point will an Oilers fan live in reality? Rebuilding for 10 years, mcJesus gonna save us, plan the parade....and always counting points in advance because.....? Gonna talk about how the 'Shames' suck, but still trailing all season. Go have a drink, and enjoy the fantasy parade. Happy New Year.

Talking moose
12-26-2017, 07:54 PM
At what point will an Oilers fan live in reality? Rebuilding for 10 years, mcJesus gonna save us, plan the parade....and always counting points in advance because.....? Gonna talk about how the 'Shames' suck, but still trailing all season. Go have a drink, and enjoy the fantasy parade. Happy New Year.

Lol
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/5b15961ebbb30569d70acc3d5c03c2b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trochu
12-26-2017, 07:56 PM
They have to count points in advance, that's the only way they get them.

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Lol
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/5b15961ebbb30569d70acc3d5c03c2b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for triggering you. I'm really kind of surprised, usually an Oilers fan is so far in denial that the facts can't possibly trigger them....

fishinmatt
12-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Sorry for triggering you. I'm really kind of surprised, usually an Oilers fan is so far in denial that the facts can't possibly trigger them....

If you want cheap tickets then go to a mediocre visiting team midweek. Premium teams the week after christmas just isnt a cheap ticket. Guaranteed you can go midweek for $50.....unless they start winning.

bessiedog
12-26-2017, 08:56 PM

Chiiirrp!

Chirp!

Chirrrup!

Get my whiskey ready boy....!

Twisted Canuck
12-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Chiiirrp!

Chirp!

Chirrrup!

Get my whiskey ready boy....!

You'll need it to dull the pain of reality....:)

brslk
12-26-2017, 10:02 PM
You'll need it to dull the pain of reality....:)

There won't be a team for Flames fans to cheer for the way it's looking.

As for cheap seats to Oilers games, stay away from Ticketmaster and their other scalping or I mean reselling sites.
Look on kijiji and facebook marketplace, I've seen seats go for half of face value a day or two before the game.

huntsfurfish
12-26-2017, 10:39 PM
They have to count points in advance, that's the only way they get them.

At least oiler fans can count.:)

MrPants
12-27-2017, 07:01 AM
NHL Ticket Exchange, I can routinely find tickets on the side the oilers attack twice near center ice for $50 a ticket, they have high service fees, but all in for 120-150 is about as cheap as you can get for 2 tickets

1899b
12-27-2017, 09:13 AM

If ya want quality entertainment ya gotta pay. That’s how she goes... :sHa_shakeshout:

SamSteele
12-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Go have a drink, and enjoy the fantasy parade. Happy New Year.

Lord knows we have enough Cups to drink from.

You know how the Flames and a tea bag are similar? They are both only good for one cup.

SS

Sundancefisher
12-27-2017, 01:56 PM
Just a hockey team. You don't get paid based upon how they do. If so important to just cheer for a winning team start favoriting Vegas. If you want community spirit...remain hopeful and positive.

If you want to fight...hit the ring. If you want to forget...go ice fishing.

Twisted Canuck
12-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Lord knows we have enough Cups to drink from.

Good thing too, because I don't see any in the near future since the rebuild is still going on, and the last one was 28 years ago. Leafs have 13 Cups, last one was 51 years ago. Just about as relevant. Keep living the dream. Cheers.

SamSteele
12-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Good thing too, because I don't see any in the near future since the rebuild is still going on, and the last one was 28 years ago. Leafs have 13 Cups, last one was 51 years ago. Just about as relevant. Keep living the dream. Cheers.

Closer than the Flames have been in recent memory too. [emoji6]

1899b
12-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Just a hockey team. You don't get paid based upon how they do. If so important to just cheer for a winning team start favoriting Vegas. If you want community spirit...remain hopeful and positive.

If you want to fight...hit the ring. If you want to forget...go ice fishing.

Cant fight in the ring in Edmonton. The city banned it for a year... :sHa_sarcasticlol:

270person
12-27-2017, 02:26 PM
At what point will an Oilers fan live in reality?.

Until last year. :kick::sHa_sarcasticlol:

270person
12-27-2017, 02:28 PM

You have to pay $35 to watch that team? Obviously discounted to make up for having to sleep in those uncomfortable seats. :)

elkhunter11
12-27-2017, 02:33 PM

No Canadian team has won a Stanley Cup in this century. They are all living in the distant past.

Trochu
12-27-2017, 02:35 PM
At least oiler fans can count.:)

Traditionally, not past 70-80 though.....

BlackHeart
12-27-2017, 02:38 PM

I didn't know the Oilers sold cookies...hummp!!

Talking moose
12-27-2017, 02:42 PM
I didn't know the Oilers sold cookies...hummp!!

Burn!!!! You referred to the oilers as girls! That’s a good one! Epic burn!!

(If you are 5)
Lol.

Weedy1
12-27-2017, 04:13 PM
What did the Flames fan say after his team won the Stanley Cup?
"Dammit mom, stay on your side of the bed, you woke me up just when I was having an amazing dream!"

270person
12-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Father asks his 3 sons what they want for Christmas.

Son #1 - a bicycle - Christmas morning there was a shiny new CCM by the tree

Son #2 - a BB gun - Christmas morning there was a spanky Daisy Red Rider wrapped under the tree

Son # 3 - a Mickey Mouse outfit - Christmas morning the Calgary Flames were all sitting in the living room.

Dynamic
12-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Oilers tickets can be had cheaper than face value. Look on stubhub and most of the time they will be cheaper than face value.

I went to a game last year with my two kids and it wasn’t much over a 125 bucks all in. Granted that was a Tuesday game but don’t believe everyone here who says it takes 500 bucks to take a family to a NHL game in Edmonton.

338Bluff
12-27-2017, 08:37 PM
So, Oilers fans are willing to pay a huge premium on a product that is still 3 points inferior to the Flames. Guess that's all part of the delusion.....Yep....except your plane ticket to Houston is going to be around $900.00 when Bettman throws Calgary under the bus.....and we wi?l still be buying 15 dollar hamburgers at Rogers.

All kidding aside, I only go to a live game every couple of years. It better to watch it on TV.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

huntsfurfish
12-27-2017, 09:19 PM
Traditionally, not past 70-80 though.....

Still 70 more than a flames fan though.:)

Trochu
12-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Still 70 more than a flames fan though.:)

Must not follow hockey much...

Jamie
12-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Well, I shipped the boy North this Am.
It’s not hard letting go. What’s hard, is knowing when.
So many variables...
But away he went..

Still kinda looking for tickets if anyone has some..

Thanks
Jamie

fallen1817
12-29-2017, 09:32 AM
Best bet might be stub hub, but he'll have to have the "if I go, great... If not, that's still fine!" mentality. I've seen some good deals on stubhub, as low as ~$75 for lower bowl corner seats.

Trochu
12-29-2017, 10:05 AM
Hope he has a blast and gets back safe.

Jamie
12-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Hope he has a blast and gets back safe.

That would make 2 of us.....
I am sure all will be fine and good times will be had.
I am just reconciling myself with the fact he is not me at that age and times are different.