PDA

View Full Version : Dropping ID

HowSwedeItIs
12-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Shook out a gym bag and what do I see but a toque with a hole chewed in it and these little things- they look like droppings to me but if a mouse really was in there for a while wouldn't there be more? No other signs of mice in the basement. What looks like a beetle carapace in there too, the shiny thing. If I'm correct and they're mouse droppings, are they from a field mouse or a house mouse? Can you even tell? I've never had to deal with this before, I try to run a pretty tight ship

Red Bullets
12-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Hard to tell which type of mouse by its droppings.

Time to make a bottle trap. Prop a stick up to the brim of a wide mouth bottle or jar. Put a piece of cheese in the bottle. The mouse will climb the stick and will go in the bottle every time. And every other mouse too. Rub a little bit the cheese on the length of the stick. Then you'll know what kind of mouse.

schleprock
12-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Set a few mouse traps and id it once you catch it.

hilt134
12-26-2017, 08:09 PM
It's a mouse probably a house mouse if the bag was indoors if it was outside it was a out of house mouse I think. Get an easy set trap and some penut butter and you'll be fine by the amount it's just one and it wasn't there long
No shame in having a mouse or two probably left a door open to long.

HowSwedeItIs
12-27-2017, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys, will have to set up a few of those traps I guess- no idea how old these are but we'll see what turns up. Thanks again

Off in the Bushes
12-27-2017, 08:26 PM
I have used chocolate with great success.