PDA

View Full Version : Your tax dollars at work...

Reeves1
12-28-2017, 05:43 AM
So.
Gov is spending millions on ads saying don't drive high:

https://www.canada.ca/en/campaign/don-t-drive-high.html

And they are going to make stink weed legal.....

:angry3:

Scott N
12-28-2017, 06:01 AM
Is that any different than the already existing "don't drink and drive" adds that have been running for decades? Besides, does anyone really need a reminder not to drive impaired, regardless of substance? Kind of a waste of money on both sides.

58thecat
12-28-2017, 06:30 AM
Is that any different than the already existing "don't drink and drive" adds that have been running for decades? Besides, does anyone really need a reminder not to drive impaired, regardless of substance? Kind of a waste of money on both sides.

Yup impaired driving ads just worded differently is a waste as is the distracted driving ads....but you gotta dummy it down for the people of society.
:sign0161:
Funny many moons ago we watched tv shows and there always was a comedy out there that had a individual that just made you laugh based on how simple they were...now it's not so funny.

bat119
12-28-2017, 08:06 AM
People have been driving high for decades, so now because its legal its a problem?

Why didn't the cop's worry about it before?

Simong
12-28-2017, 08:28 AM
People have been driving high for decades, so now because its legal its a problem?

Why didn't the cop's worry about it before?cop's did worry about it before. just with legalization the government is worried it will become more prominent. Colorado has seen a significant spike in impaired by drug collisions since legalization.

although I do agree with previous comments of we shouldn't have to tell people not to drive while under the influence.
However there are still loads of idiots out there that think they can drive while impaired

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

bobtodrick
12-28-2017, 09:00 AM
I think they have to do these ads (as well as the impaired driving) because if they didn't a line of defence in the courtroom would be 'no one told me it was illegal'.
The ads don't emphasize so much that it's wrong, but that it's against the law.

Mr Flyguy
12-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Heck, people have to be reminded all the time to drive the speed limit or not use cell phones, etc.

79ford
12-28-2017, 05:48 PM
Most people dont know how to use a turn signal nevermind drive under any circumstances...... lol, look at all the mooks running bumper to bumper down the road apperantly tailgating is a tickatable offence and the major cause of multi vehicle pile ups.

FCLightning
12-28-2017, 05:53 PM
I think the ads probably have something to do with stats like these:
Based on testing of fatally-injured drivers, it may be estimated that 1,451 (59.7%) of these deaths involved drivers who had some alcohol and/or drugs in their system.

369 deaths, or 15.2%, occurred in crashes involving drivers who were positive for alcohol alone.
683 deaths, or 28.1%, occurred in crashes involving drivers who were positive for drugs alone.
399 deaths, or 16.4%, occurred in crashes involving drivers who were positive for both alcohol and drugs.

The statistics reflect the growing incidence of driving after drug use, which now exceeds that for driving after alcohol use. Cannabis, the most commonly-found drug, is present in almost half of the drug-positive fatal crashes.

Newview01
12-28-2017, 06:42 PM
I have seen similar statistics. ^

Drugs will cause more traffic fatalities in 2018 than alcohol.