PDA

View Full Version : Strikemaster Flighting

topgun
01-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Tried out the auger today and discovered my flighting is bent. Does anybody know who stocks replacement 8 or 10 inch complete flightings?

RavYak
01-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Good luck...

It is always tough to find Strikemaster stuff here and no one carries the bits in stock that I know of. Your best bet for trying to get one locally would be to check with the Fishin Hole and see if they can special order one in for you...

Gotta know if you need the lazer drill or single chipper assembly. If it is an 8 inch lazer drill you are probably going to have a hard time getting one... The Rapala US website doesn't let you purchase from Canada and also shows out of stock on the 8 inch. The Canadian website doesn't even show Strikemaster Augers... Amazon Canada lists them but all currently unavailable. Cabelas US site only has up to 7 inch.

Phone Rapala and hope to get lucky or as mentioned try The Fishin Hole. Otherwise cruise US stores online and hope to find one that will ship to Canada. Gonna cost you a pretty penny for shipping though.

This is why I use to encourage people to stay away from Strikemaster. Tough to get replacement parts/accessories for...

TylerThomson
01-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Call these guys they are the service and repair and warranty center for all of Canada. They had my part to me in 4 business days.

StrikeMaster Service Centre at Bay Distributors (George Bishop) at 1-800-461-9500.

I gotta disagree with you on this one rav. These guys had everything I needed in stock and ready to ship. Toughest part was emailing rapala Canada and waiting for them to give me the number.

Nothing cuts like the strikemaster, I wouldn't give mine up for 2 ood anything else.

RavYak
01-01-2018, 05:09 PM
I didn't know about that service center, I just know how many guys that couldn't find part/accessories locally.

You could also try Lawnmower Hospital, in looking up that Bay Distributor I see Lawnmower Hospital is also a service center for strikemaster.

TylerThomson
01-01-2018, 05:22 PM
I didn't know about that service center, I just know how many guys that couldn't find part/accessories locally.

You could also try Lawnmower Hospital, in looking up that Bay Distributor I see Lawnmower Hospital is also a service center for strikemaster.

I suppose if you are looking for parts locally I could see that but I live 2.5 hours from Edmonton so shipping is usually easier for me. I didn't know lawnmower hospital was also a service center for strikemaster.

When I called a nice lady answered the phone on the second ring and connected me to what sounded like a good old boy who knew his stuff and was happy to help. The customer service alone is worth the call.

RavYak
01-01-2018, 05:28 PM
I suppose if you are looking for parts locally I could see that but I live 2.5 hours from Edmonton so shipping is usually easier for me. I didn't know lawnmower hospital was also a service center for strikemaster.

When I called a nice lady answered the phone on the second ring and connected me to what sounded like a good old boy who knew his stuff and was happy to help. The customer service alone is worth the call.

I found that out at the following link.

https://rapala.ca/strikemaster

Guess I should share it as there is also a place in Calgary and Rimbey. I kind of doubt they carry much stuff in stock but I could be wrong.

topgun
01-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Thanks fellas. I guess i will give it a whirl tomorrow amd see what i can find out.

Perchjig
01-01-2018, 07:04 PM
I bought a new flighting for my strikemaster from The Lawnmower Hospital I think it was for a Husqavarna auger but it is the same design as the strikemaster lazer mag I had. Fit and cuts the same as the original one.

Tikka300
01-02-2018, 08:43 AM
I can second using bay distributors for parts. Great customer service and shipped to your door! Anything you see in the US catalogue you can get from there. I also saw a lot of strikemaster stuff in Bonnyville at sylvestres.

TylerThomson
01-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Yeah they got lots of odds and ends like blade guards and most other things that commonly break but I'm not sure if they have flights for sale but I could check today. I gotta go grab some bait anyway.

ghostguy6
01-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Is the main shaft of the flight bent or just the flighting (spiral part) itself?

topgun
01-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Its in the main shaft. I had to sit on it to get it to start to bite. It was clean not iced up just out of the garage.

RavYak
01-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Its in the main shaft. I had to sit on it to get it to start to bite. It was clean not iced up just out of the garage.

Sounds more like dull blades to me.

harrydude
01-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Hey top gun were u at?

TylerThomson
01-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Sylvesters was closed yesterday but i did try. I'll check again when I can

topgun
01-03-2018, 01:36 PM
The auger is new less then 40 holes. I am located west of Ponoka.

RavYak
01-03-2018, 04:55 PM
The auger is new less then 40 holes. I am located west of Ponoka.

Are you 100% sure it is a bent bit and not just dull blades(as in visibly bent as that is what it would take to have any effect)? If it is bent it should have a heck of a wobble(even when not trying to cut) and will be very hard to hold onto. If the blades are dull it won't wobble but will just spin on top of the ice or cut painfully slow.

It doesn't take much to dull a blade, sand in the ice, hit the bottom, hit the edge on metal/pavement, re-drilling old holes etc can all dull a blade quickly.

Everything you have said makes it sound like dull blades to me. A lot cheaper fix and easier to find blades as well.

TylerThomson
01-03-2018, 07:23 PM
I dented a blade once and that thing would wobble so bad it would dislocate t your shoulder. New blades and voila problem solved

Mike_W
01-04-2018, 08:51 AM
I picked up a 10 inch strikemaster flight from Wholesale sports about 4 years ago now for $100. Also got 2 - 8"lasermag augers for $268 each ......but of course Wholesales sports never had any sales no wonder why they went out of business:snapoutofit:.

Sounds like this distributor might be the best bet or checking with fishing world or maybe even bass pro. Although sounds like you might have a auger blade issue and not a bent flight at all. Laser blades are extremely precise and even a slight dulling can make a huge difference.

Its mind boggling that no one here sells a full line of strikemaster or otter.

ghostguy6
01-04-2018, 01:16 PM

If your sure the main shaft is bent you might be able to straighten it with the use of a hydraulic press, some well placed 2x4's and a dial indicator. I did fix one for a member a few years ago this way. Of course I no longer have access to a press anymore or I would offer to give you a hand.

topgun
01-07-2018, 03:48 PM
thanks for all the help fellas. I did order a new 10 inch fron Bay distributors. $260. I think also I will buy new blades for my 8 inch and try those as well, seems theres a lot of guys think that could be the issue but I never redrill holes or even fish anywhere I don't know that could be sketchy but who knows its worth a shot then I will have a spare just in case.

graybeard
01-15-2018, 08:45 AM
So, if Strike Master is a problem with parts and some performance, what is the opinion of the users here on AO on the best ice auger (make/model/size) on the local market?

I am looking hard to buy one or any other high quality unit and really appreciate the feed back?

One thing I like about the Strike Master is the 4 stroke Honda engine.

-ION?
-2 stroke?
-4 stroke?