PDA

View Full Version : Trump's Button!

Mr Flyguy
01-02-2018, 08:21 PM
"I have a bigger (nuclear) button than you"...is this scary or not?

Twisted Canuck
01-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Not really.

buckbrush
01-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Not scared. Just two boys beating on their puffed up chests. Nothing war wise will ever come of this. IMO.

cschache
01-02-2018, 08:45 PM

Not scary at all, Trump can not order a Nuclear attack first unless it is approved by congress (I think) and makes it through all the checks and balances set in place but I think if its a retaliatory strike he still has checks and balances to get approval especially if its the mainland U.S even though I believe there is a 10 minute window to do so before "Mutual Assured Destruction" is implemented, I think he is just stating a fact on how stupid "Rocket Man" sounds by trying to intimidate the free world. 2 guys that enjoy bolstering about what they have. Kim has too much to lose to send a nuclear bomb and Trump has nothing to gain IMO.

kwantes
01-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Nope, not so. Ever since the Cold War, there have been efforts to increase the “efficiency” of a retaliatory nuclear strike, if necessary. Check out Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History. I think it is called countdown to Armageddon. It is an interesting ( and mostly unbiased) look at all the little steps that gave increasing power to the president.

Mr Flyguy
01-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Whatever. Used to be a kid's game called "Button, button, who's got the button?" I guess that's what it's all about. In the meantime I'm restocking my shelter!

ex811
01-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Whatever. Used to be a kid's game called "Button, button, who's got the button?" I guess that's what it's all about. In the meantime I'm restocking my shelter!

Don't forget the tin foil so you can make a cozy hat...

Termender
01-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Not scary at all, Trump can not order a Nuclear attack first unless it is approved by congress (I think) and makes it through all the checks and balances set in place but I think if its a retaliatory strike he still has checks and balances to get approval especially if its the mainland U.S even though I believe there is a 10 minute window to do so before "Mutual Assured Destruction" is implemented, I think he is just stating a fact on how stupid "Rocket Man" sounds by trying to intimidate the free world. 2 guys that enjoy bolstering about what they have. Kim has too much to lose to send a nuclear bomb and Trump has nothing to gain IMO.

You are so wrong on this. Trump CAN order without anyone checking him.

Termender
01-02-2018, 09:54 PM
It's clear to me that most people here did not live through the Cuban missile crisis, and truly have no idea of the very real fear that existed then.

Nor are they aware that in the end, two adults, Kruschev and Kennedy, talked, and did not try and show who has the bigger (whatever). Adults, not juveniles like Trump and Kim.

It's sad that so many talk big. This is not a video game in your mom's basement, it's real danger. Grow up and learn from history.

fordtruckin
01-02-2018, 10:05 PM

Honestly I broke out laughing when I saw this comment today. There are way too many other things to be worried about other than a President who has a record of speaking his mind speak his mind. I took that comment as one nuclear power letting another alleged nuclear power know that while you may have a couple small unreliable nukes, WE have hundreds of bigger better RELIABLE ones so your attempt at bullying us into submission through fear of what you "allegedly" have is futile. Remember, everything in North Korea is highly censored by the state so who really KNOWS what capability they have. Hell they keep executing high officials and others are defecting left and right so that has to say something about the state of affairs in the government.

While I can't predict the future, I doubt the USA would ever launch first, the global outcry would be too great. (And yes even though we did in WWII it was a different time with different circumstances and in the grand scheme of things our knowledge of these weapons was much more limited then it is now). Even if North Korea launched, I don't see a retaliatory nuclear strike. Everyone would ostracize North Korea including their allies. For a country that is in as bad a shape they are, they can't afford to take that chance. North Korea just seems to be run by a school yard bully who has always puffed his chest and gotten his way.

wildbill
01-02-2018, 10:07 PM

Of course his is bigger, duh!

cschache
01-02-2018, 10:31 PM
You are so wrong on this. Trump CAN order without anyone checking him.

He CAN order it but doesn't mean that it WILL be implemented. The President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it.The Secretary of Defense succession plan designates numerous individuals that may serve after a President removes his or her predecessor. Traditionally, a civilian United States officer must countersign a Presidential order or resign.

ex811
01-02-2018, 11:26 PM
It's clear to me that most people here did not live through the Cuban missile crisis, and truly have no idea of the very real fear that existed then.

Nor are they aware that in the end, two adults, Kruschev and Kennedy, talked, and did not try and show who has the bigger (whatever). Adults, not juveniles like Trump and Kim.

It's sad that so many talk big. This is not a video game in your mom's basement, it's real danger. Grow up and learn from history.

I lived through it and did learn, so here's my take on it...

1. We didn't go to war
2. The sabers were rattled, well actually, US planes/ships and Russian ships/missels
3. The adult Kruschev was such an adult that he took off his shoe in the UN and started beating his desk, very grown up
4. Kennedy was too busy boinking Ms Munroe, he left allot of the decisions up to his brother and staff. Another uber adult moment.

No one is talking big, it's just that we can't play chicken little every time some world leader, despot or simply crackpot/hammerhead starts yelling that the sky is falling.

Carriertxv
01-03-2018, 06:00 AM
I lived through it and did learn, so here's my take on it...

1. We didn't go to war
2. The sabers were rattled, well actually, US planes/ships and Russian ships/missels
3. The adult Kruschev was such an adult that he took off his shoe in the UN and started beating his desk, very grown up
4. Kennedy was too busy boinking Ms Munroe, he left allot of the decisions up to his brother and staff. Another uber adult moment.

No one is talking big, it's just that we can't play chicken little every time some world leader, despot or simply crackpot/hammerhead starts yelling that the sky is falling.

Bingo

ReconWilly
01-03-2018, 06:01 AM

Live in fear!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p5i0wHiNrr0

gtr
01-03-2018, 06:35 AM

I hope we don't find out which one is the bigger idiot. Both lunatics.

Unregistered user
01-03-2018, 07:08 AM
Trump's just putting rocket boy in his place.

ETOWNCANUCK
01-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Doesn’t really matter,
In the event of all out nuclear war, you want to be as close to ground zero as possible.

Newview01
01-03-2018, 07:41 AM
I think what is happening in Iran / Middle East in general should be of greater concern than Kim trying to sound powerful.

Badgerbadger
01-03-2018, 08:01 AM

Scared? No.

That he's obviously a psychopath is worrying, but it is also obvious that he has no power.

I doubt Kim Jong Un would devastate S.Korea over this. He's a psychopath as well, but lacks a long arm, and will get briskly slapped by Russia and China, as needed.

propliner
01-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Trump is a genius. From a recent article in Amerika:

"Trump is not a Republican; he respects what works and sees everything else as a parasite. He gestures with his right hand in a way that attacks the strongest points of the Left. They react, but at the same time, his left hand is quietly undoing whatever power enables them to have strength at all."

Same could be said for what he's doing with the other little brats of the world.

vcmm
01-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Doesn’t really matter,
In the event of all out nuclear war, you want to be as close to ground zero as possible.

This^^^

Sundancefisher
01-03-2018, 08:40 AM
In the context of Trump and all that he has said to date...the world smiles...shakes there head and goes back to doing important things.

In the eyes of Kim...it is two petulant private school brats having a staring match and my pencil is bigger than your pencil.

Kim won't launch cause he would be erased from existence in very short order.

Trump won't launch cause he lost the key while playing Wii golf.

Sun

elk396
01-03-2018, 08:43 AM
Neither wants to commit suicide, Kim wants his lifestyle, he weighs 300 lbs while his people weigh 98. He has the good life, if you want to call it that, relatively speaking. Trump knows Kim won't do anything so he's pushing him hard, or the US has the technology to take out a NK missile before it strikes. There's so much we commoners don't know.

Sundancefisher
01-03-2018, 08:45 AM
Neither wants to commit suicide, Kim wants his lifestyle, he weighs 300 lbs while his people weigh 98. He has the good life, if you want to call it that, relatively speaking. Trump knows Kim won't do anything so he's pushing him hard, or the US has the technology to take out a NK missile before it strikes. There's so much we commoners don't know.

Apparently North Korean Gods grow fatter with time.

Scott h
01-03-2018, 08:49 AM

If anyone can escalate a situation it's Trump. Ultimately, I'm pretty sure he'd start a war to draw attention away from his "issues".

trailraat
01-03-2018, 08:55 AM
I agree in the sense that while Kim may be crazy, he is not necessarily stupid. Above all he wants to hang on to power. Unless he has totally drunk the koolaid about the "supreme leader" (which I think is unlikely since he did his schooling in Switzerland) he knows that if he starts a nuclear war it ultimately ends with North Korea as a smoking hole.

Policy on Korea for the last 30 years has been to try and coddle the leaders into reform. We apply sanctions and then remove them for the slightest positive action. The problem is that economic sanctions only really hurt the ordinary person in a state run place like North Korea, you can bet that no matter how bad things are for the people, Kim is still eating steak. In a state run economy there aren't businesses that are hurt by sanctions.

While I am not a Trump fan, I think he might actually be hitting Kim where it hurts - his pride and power. It is much harder for Kim to maintain the guise of prestige and power when he is being openly mocked by world leaders. Essentially what Trump is doing is working to destroy the myth of the supreme leader - which may eventually lead to a coup or something similar - the only effective way for regime change in North Korea. I get the feeling that Kim is desperately trying to hold onto power in his country which is why he is walking the narrow line of appearing dangerous to the world to make other countries afraid of removing him and prestigious enough to keep the North Korean elite around him who keep him in power happy.

funkman
01-03-2018, 08:56 AM
I believe trump will wait until his third year...he needs something to propel him into a second term.

Scott h
01-03-2018, 08:58 AM

When you substitute the names Khrushchev and Kennedy with those of Trump and Kim Jong-Un you realize what kind of dire situation this could become. It would be hard to find two bigger idiots if you tried.

Scott h
01-03-2018, 09:00 AM
I believe trump will wait until his third year...he needs something to propel him into a second term.

You gotta admire someone that would start a war to remain in power.......

Scott h
01-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Trump won't launch cause he lost the key while playing Wii golf.

Sun

Best quote of 2018 !!!!

skidderman
01-03-2018, 09:12 AM
My take on this is that Trump inherited a big mess from previous government that did nothing, allowing N Korea to establish a nuclear program. Anyone that thinks the possibility of nuclear war isn't real has their head buried in the sand. This could easily escalate. Look at Russia and their intent to expand. It wasn't nuclear but was & still is very real. No one thought WWII would happen. Guess they were wrong. The States didn't think they would ever be attacked. Guess they were wrong.

elk396
01-03-2018, 09:23 AM
When you substitute the names Khrushchev and Kennedy with those of Trump and Kim Jong-Un you realize what kind of dire situation this could become. It would be hard to find two bigger idiots if you tried.

At least Trump is dealing with the situation, where everyone else has kicked the can down the road, now look at the mess? Obama spent his terms delivering heart warming speeches, a lot like our leader, while all these issues were festering in the background. They are unpopular, difficult issues to deal with, so he turned a blind eye to them, left them for the next guy to deal with. Having a stern chat with these dictators doesn't work as we have seen, not sure what the answer is to resolve it now that it has become a huge, dangerous problem for humanity. He knows a hell of a lot more about the capabilities of NK and the capabilities of the US than anyone on this forum. Trump is a 'do er', and he will resolve this one way or another, people aren't used to seeing someone actually do what they say in politics, which puts him on uncharted ground.

260 Rem
01-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Everyone inherits the package of their predecessor so using that to justify their difficulty of is lame. Trump applied for the job, got it... get on with it! It’s like trying to explain stinky feet by explaining your ex didn’t wash your socks.

Scott h
01-03-2018, 11:28 AM
At least Trump is dealing with the situation, where everyone else has kicked the can down the road, now look at the mess? Obama spent his terms delivering heart warming speeches, a lot like our leader, while all these issues were festering in the background. They are unpopular, difficult issues to deal with, so he turned a blind eye to them, left them for the next guy to deal with. Having a stern chat with these dictators doesn't work as we have seen, not sure what the answer is to resolve it now that it has become a huge, dangerous problem for humanity. He knows a hell of a lot more about the capabilities of NK and the capabilities of the US than anyone on this forum. Trump is a 'do er', and he will resolve this one way or another, people aren't used to seeing someone actually do what they say in politics, which puts him on uncharted ground.

Obama didn't enter into a nuclear war...... we'll see if the same can be said for donald.

Gray Wolf
01-03-2018, 11:41 AM

http://www.pninastro.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/FIREFURY-hajjaj.jpg

They should both be taken out and shot! :mad2:

SlightlyDistracting
01-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Obama didn't enter into a nuclear war...... we'll see if the same can be said for donald.

No hes just guilty for creating one

RustyRick
01-03-2018, 02:17 PM

But he sure help our enemies proliferate them.

pikergolf
01-03-2018, 02:23 PM

What exactly has this do'er Trump done? Other than tweet and talk a lot.

Scott h
01-03-2018, 02:43 PM
No hes just guilty for creating one

??????

Scott h
01-03-2018, 02:43 PM
But he sure help our enemies proliferate them.

Please feel free to elaborate on this theory ......

Scott h
01-03-2018, 02:44 PM

He's golfed a lot. Does that count ????

Looper
01-03-2018, 02:50 PM

Kept Hillary out of the Whitehouse?

Looper

Newview01
01-03-2018, 03:28 PM

Im willing to bet that at least he has an effective plan in place to protect Americans and to efficiently and effectively retaliate. He seems fairly proactive in those departments, whereas I doubt Hillary would good for much except affirmative action policies in all aspects of this situation.

mooseknuckle
01-03-2018, 03:36 PM

Have you not been paying attention? Markets in the US are at a record high, unemployment is the lowest its been since the great depression. The list goes on. Love em, hate em. Reminds me of ralph klein people hate for doing exactly what he said he was going to do.

Would tradr him in a second for the clown we have running the show in canada.

Okotokian
01-03-2018, 03:38 PM
Not scary, at least in the way you intend. LOL My mother taught me early not to argue with a crazy person. The Donald apparently never learned that. I bet he could go "I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?" for hours....

pikergolf
01-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Have you not been paying attention? Markets in the US are at a record high, unemployment is the lowest its been since the great depression. The list goes on. Love em, hate em. Reminds me of ralph klein people hate for doing exactly what he said he was going to do.

Would tradr him in a second for the clown we have running the show in canada.

The question was what has he done?

dmcbride
01-03-2018, 03:46 PM
The media and the Democrats have been trying to get Trump on anything they can and have so far failed. In Canada one old lady nails Trudeau for breaking 4 ethics laws. I’m not worried about a red button.

mooseknuckle
01-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Ok... so its au natural? All the positives are flukes, have nothing to do with him? And let me guess all the bad is directly linked to him and his admin?

Look i agree be can be an idiot. Should really have some "watchmen" when it comes to opening his mouth or tweeting. But from what i can tell, since november the us has become alot better place to be. Moreso for it,s citizens... again exactly what he said he would do.

Okotokian
01-03-2018, 03:50 PM

Very little actually. He clearly spends too much time on Twitter. LOL Has a majority in both houses and all he's passed of import in a year is the tax bill.

Termender
01-03-2018, 05:02 PM
Very little actually. He clearly spends too much time on Twitter. LOL Has a majority in both houses and all he's passed of import in a year is the tax bill.

Exactly, and that one is a cluster of such proportions that it will add trillions, not billions, to the debt.

What a conservative, no?

Jwd
01-03-2018, 05:11 PM
Bet trumps shoots a Leupold on that missle Kim probly can't hit **** with his Korean knock off scope lol

hayseed
01-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Honestly I broke out laughing when I saw this comment today. There are way too many other things to be worried about other than a President who has a record of speaking his mind speak his mind. I took that comment as one nuclear power letting another alleged nuclear power know that while you may have a couple small unreliable nukes, WE have hundreds of bigger better RELIABLE ones so your attempt at bullying us into submission through fear of what you "allegedly" have is futile. Remember, everything in North Korea is highly censored by the state so who really KNOWS what capability they have. Hell they keep executing high officials and others are defecting left and right so that has to say something about the state of affairs in the government.

While I can't predict the future, I doubt the USA would ever launch first, the global outcry would be too great. (And yes even though we did in WWII it was a different time with different circumstances and in the grand scheme of things our knowledge of these weapons was much more limited then it is now). Even if North Korea launched, I don't see a retaliatory nuclear strike. Everyone would ostracize North Korea including their allies. For a country that is in as bad a shape they are, they can't afford to take that chance. North Korea just seems to be run by a school yard bully who has always puffed his chest and gotten his way.

^^^^

Like!!!

sjr
01-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Kept Hillary out of the Whitehouse?

Looper

2nd best quote of 2018 :love0025:

Unregistered user
01-03-2018, 06:50 PM

Cured global warming all over North America after only 1 year in office. That's yuge!

wolf308
01-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Yup. Pretty funny.

But don't worry folks .... nukes are a hoax

cschache
01-03-2018, 08:37 PM

Here is a link to his achievements in the first year in office. He has done more than I thought but again barely a fraction of it get covered through MSM.
For what its worth.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Donald_Trump_achievements

RandyBoBandy
01-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Here is a link to his achievements in the first year in office. He has done more than I thought but again barely a fraction of it get covered through MSM.
For what its worth.

:happy0034:

6.5 shooter
01-04-2018, 12:00 AM
If anyone can escalate a situation it's Trump. Ultimately, I'm pretty sure he'd start a war to draw attention away from his "issues".

I believe you misspoke that would be Hillary :thinking-006:

Unregistered user
01-04-2018, 05:22 AM
And Bill did that to draw attention away from Monica.

Sneeze
01-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Not sure why it's so hard for so many to realize Trump is manipulating him by mocking him.

It's a technique our kids use to deal with bullies and it works great.

He's had the button for a year now and nothing has exploded. Sure like his recent moves with the joke UN and Pakistan.

260 Rem
01-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Not sure why it's so hard for so many to realize Trump is manipulating him by mocking him.
It's a technique our kids use to deal with bullies and it works great.
He's had the button for a year now and nothing has exploded. Sure like his recent moves with the joke UN and Pakistan.
SSSSHHHHH. Don’t give away Trump’s strategy. Hold on, could that be the strategy that Kim is using on Trump?

trailraat
01-05-2018, 07:51 AM
SSSSHHHHH. Don’t give away Trump’s strategy. Hold on, could that be the strategy that Kim is using on Trump?Half of his country and a majority of the western world mock Trump... Kim mocking him would hardly be original. Kim is the the one who has something to lose by being mocked. Dictatorships only work when everyone is afraid of or loyal to the "boss".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Unregistered user
01-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Trump manipulates the media and his haters by throwing scraps at them and giggling with glee at their puny attempts to make mountains out of mole hills. And people call him stupid or crazy. Meanwhile his supporters are seeing him deliver on his campaign promises and investors are putting money into the US and their economy is on a roll and growing. Trump doesn't give a violinist's fornication about kim jong un. "Rocket-man" is a Chihuahua and Trump is showing it to the world.

6.5 shooter
01-05-2018, 10:39 AM
For what its worth.

FFS quite confusing all the Lib lovers on here with FACTS.

Scott h
01-05-2018, 02:54 PM
SSSSHHHHH. Don’t give away Trump’s strategy. Hold on, could that be the strategy that Kim is using on Trump?

Good point. They do seem to act similarly? Actually they they even have the same body shapes and hair stylists :sHa_sarcasticlol: