PDA

View Full Version : PETA insanity

operator john
01-02-2018, 09:35 PM
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/should-meat-join-the-ranks-of-taxable-sins-maybe-maybe-not

huntinstuff
01-02-2018, 09:38 PM
I agree

Right after they tax PETA members for excessive farting due to raw veggie intake and looking anemic all the time.

Do that and you can tax me for my steak

huntinstuff
01-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Oh, and after 100,000 of them voluntarily drown while crossing a river cause the grass is greener on the other side....

purgatory.sv
01-02-2018, 09:48 PM
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/should-meat-join-the-ranks-of-taxable-sins-maybe-maybe-not

Yes but lets include pickled products.:sHa_shakeshout:

wildbill
01-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Yes but lets include pickled products.:sHa_shakeshout:

Ya, pickled vegans, hehehe........

Sundancefisher
01-03-2018, 08:44 AM
The biggest cause of animal deaths is vegans. They need intensive agriculture to grow enough protein to sustain them. In turn all that habitat is lost to animals. All the future animal babies never to be born. All because a vegan destroyed their habitat.

AB2506
01-03-2018, 12:05 PM
The biggest cause of animal deaths is vegans. They need intensive agriculture to grow enough protein to sustain them. In turn all that habitat is lost to animals. All the future animal babies never to be born. All because a vegan destroyed their habitat.

There was a paper written on this topic recently. Inputs and outputs were calculated for various diets. A mixed diet was very efficient. A vegan diet was inefficient and caused the most loss of wildlife habitat and diversity.

Besides, Hitler was a vegan, why should we trust vegans?

mgvande
01-03-2018, 12:45 PM
This tax would conclude all the political posturing and toxic masculinity problems we have as a society.

ChickakooKookoo
01-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Hmmm so here's how I look at beef. Cows are pretty low on the evolutionary scale, they're also not really suitable to be a pet. I can go on and on but my point is this - wouldn't cows be extinct if we weren't raising them for food? Like seriously, are these animals going to survive in the wild? I'm pretty doubtful but please educate me if I'm wrong.

And a fun side note - Want to **** off a vegan? Let them know the glue used in plywood is an animal byproduct so therefore your house is made of animal! HA!

JDK71
01-03-2018, 12:59 PM
this is why I will never let a vegan through my gates

IronNoggin
01-03-2018, 03:22 PM
And... The Vancouver Sun lends them credence by running a poll for them!

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/daily-poll-should-a-sin-tax-be-added-to-meat-purchases?

While most think this is more than a little bit of a bad joke, it does play right into the hands of the NDP and their greed...

Cheers,
Nog

AB2506
01-03-2018, 05:36 PM

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/daily-poll-should-a-sin-tax-be-added-to-meat-purchases?

While most think this is more than a little bit of a bad joke, it does play right into the hands of the NDP and their greed...

Cheers,
Nog

I don't see the poll?

pikergolf
01-03-2018, 05:42 PM
People have to much disposable time. Then they waste it telling others how they should live their lives.

Sundancefisher
01-03-2018, 05:53 PM
There was a paper written on this topic recently. Inputs and outputs were calculated for various diets. A mixed diet was very efficient. A vegan diet was inefficient and caused the most loss of wildlife habitat and diversity.

Besides, Hitler was a vegan, why should we trust vegans?

You should post the link

I don’t care if someone is vegan. Hey. Once in a while I even eat chickpea. However if a vegan tells me I am bad I ask.

“Is your purpose on earth to not harm animals?”

If they say yes then I say

“Just being on earth takes away habitat and food for animals...growing vegetables kills animals that lived in that area for millions of years. Therefore the only way to not harm animals is to not be on earth”.

“For you to tell me my “harm” on animals is bad and your “harm” on animals is justified and all powerful only shows how selfish they really are.”

People are animals. We evolved as omnivores. Saying we should go against our nature as made should imply why not force all other animals to go vegan.

I invite all self obsessed and “critical of others” vegans to start with offering vegan burgers to wild polar bears.

dgl1948
01-04-2018, 07:53 AM
You should post the link

I don’t care if someone is vegan. Hey. Once in a while I even eat chickpea. However if a vegan tells me I am bad I ask.

“Is your purpose on earth to not harm animals?”

s.

Much to long. I just tell them that they are a major source of methane and it is more harmful to the planet than CO2.

Ryan.M.Anderson
01-04-2018, 08:28 AM
All joking aside the majority of food production globally goes to animal production (soy and corn especially).

If I remember correctly we learned in something like grade 6 (could be jr. high, I am starting to get old) that the higher up the food chain you get the less nutrient dense the food gets (IE. Cows eat soy, soy turns into proteins but cow also produces waste heat and other inedible byproducts whereas if the soy was eaten directly more nutrients would be obtained).

Something possibly a little less partisan than PETA can be read here:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/is-the-livestock-industry-destroying-the-planet-11308007/

Another item to consider is the amount of water needed to raise livestock over vegetables. As drinkable water become more scarce this will probably be a major world security concern in the future.

I am not advocating for one side or the other but I think it is important if we actually look at the facts.

Sundancefisher
01-04-2018, 05:28 PM
All joking aside the majority of food production globally goes to animal production (soy and corn especially).

If I remember correctly we learned in something like grade 6 (could be jr. high, I am starting to get old) that the higher up the food chain you get the less nutrient dense the food gets (IE. Cows eat soy, soy turns into proteins but cow also produces waste heat and other inedible byproducts whereas if the soy was eaten directly more nutrients would be obtained).

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/is-the-livestock-industry-destroying-the-planet-11308007/

Another item to consider is the amount of water needed to raise livestock over vegetables. As drinkable water become more scarce this will probably be a major world security concern in the future.

I am not advocating for one side or the other but I think it is important if we actually look at the facts.

We should all eat BBQ guinea pigs. Best conversion of plant to protein.

stuckincity
01-04-2018, 05:41 PM
"My food poops on your food". :p
- can't remember.

mgvande
01-04-2018, 06:28 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8

The best line is 'broccoli, that's what my food eats. That's my foods food and I don't appreciate you eating that'

AB2506
01-06-2018, 12:31 PM
https://theconversation.com/ordering-the-vegetarian-meal-theres-more-animal-blood-on-your-hands-4659

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/sep/06/meat-production-veganism-deforestation

The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability
Book cover The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability.We’ve been told that a vegetarian diet can feed the hungry, honor the animals, and save the planet. But, is it true?

Published: 2009

Lierre Keith believed in that plant-based diet and spent twenty years as a vegan. But in The Vegetarian Myth, she argues that we’ve been led astray—not by our longings for a just and sustainable world, but by our ignorance.

The truth is that agriculture is a relentless assault against the planet, and more of the same won’t save us. In service to annual grains, humans have devastated prairies and forests, driven countless species extinct, altered the climate, and destroyed the topsoil—the basis of life itself. Keith argues that if we are to save this planet, our food must be an act of profound and abiding repair: it must come from inside living communities, not be imposed across them.

Part memoir, part nutritional primer, and part political manifesto, The Vegetarian Myth will challenge everything you thought you knew about food politics.

“The Vegetarian Myth is one of the most important books people, masses of them, can read, as we try with all our might, intelligence, skill, hope, dream and memory, to turn the disastrous course the planet is on. It’s a wonderful book, full of thoughtful, soulful teachings, and appropriate rage. My admiration for Lierre’s sharing of life experience and knowledge is complete.”
Alice Walker, prize-winning author, “The Color Purple”

“This book saved my life. Not only does The Vegetarian Myth make clear how we should be eating, but also how the dominant food system is killing the planet. This necessary book challenges many of the destructive myths we live by and offers us a way back into our bodies, and back into the fight to save the planet.”
Derrick Jensen, author of Endgame and A Language Older Than Words

“Everyone who eats should read this book. Everyone who eats vegetarian should memorize it…. This is the single most important book I’ve ever read on diet, agriculture, and ecology. And as a farmer and ex-vegan, that’s saying a lot.”
Aric McBay, author of What We Leave Behind and Peak Oil Survival

“We may not want to face the facts, but Keith sees this as no excuse to stay in denial. If delivered as a speech, you could see that no one in the audience would be [seated] at the end. I have never seen such rousing prose.”
www.ZoeHarcombe.com (August 7, 2011)

“In The Vegetarian Myth ex-vegan Lierre Keith argues that saving the planet and ending the suffering found in factory farms can not be achieved by refusing to eat animals, it can only be achieved by boycotting modern agricultural practices, which Keith calls ‘the most destructive thing that people have done to the planet.'”
www.mercola.com

Read the first chapter of The Vegetarian Myth in…
English

tchammer
01-07-2018, 10:08 AM

As is often the case, the devil is in the details.
What is not usually stated is that the vast majority of land that is used for pasture for cattle is not really "good" crop land. For ex. arid landscapes, river valleys and coulees, or sandy soil. As well our pasture land is often the only land left in a relatively natural state which often includes the last remnants of our original prairie flora and fauna. As well the water used for cattle is really not wasted at all. It goes in one end and out the other, picking up fertilizing characteristics as it is going through. Yes in intensive environments it is to concentrated, but that is why it is then taken and spread over cropland to distribute the growing benefits. As well what most people do not realize is that the "feedlot" picture of cattle is actually a small part of the life cycle of the average cow. Usually not much more than a few months to finish the animal to get the optimum carcass grade.
And lastly the vast majority of feedstock that goes into the animal is of a quality that has been graded as not fit for human consumption, or is the waste or byproduct of grain production. So in reality, the cattle industry is for the most part a very cost effective and practical use of our resources that are already being used.
P.S. What is never mentioned is that the natural decomposing of the same vegetation that is used by the cow if it were left to rot in the pasture produces methane gases as well.

Imagehunter
01-07-2018, 11:05 AM
It doesn't need a tax. We eat less meat but pay more for the meat we buy from local ranchers. That meat wasn't shipped around the globe and it wasn't raised on logged rainforests. How can it be more ecological? Why should we pay a tax if we are already willing to pay more for great meat that is locally produced and reduce the carbon footprint?
It's nothing but a usual PETA PR stunt, the biggest issue is media supporting that nonsense. I grew up in German and last year PETA tried to ban holiday fishing events for kids (kids can spend a day, learn about fishing and fish for a few hours, all under supervision) from fishing clubs and communities due to 'animal cruelty'.
The media jumped on it, some morons got fishing experts over night and put pressure on local popiticians who nearly gave in. As it was all legal, the events went through but the organizers and kids participating were stigmatized as animal abusers for no reason at all.
Reports on PETA should be treated as advertising and clearly marked as that in the media to prevent the public from getting dumber by thinking animal rights are science.

6.5 shooter
01-07-2018, 01:00 PM

Cheers,
Nog

60% no 39% yes so all that tell you is that 40% of all Canadians are idiots..... Just saying.

gunmum
01-10-2018, 12:43 AM
Love JP Sears - if meat eaters acted like vegans!
Wow you guys, let me tell you- I've had the unfortunate pleasure of having to change how I eat since finding out I'm sensitive to beef, dairy and eggs. Thank GOD for wild game! I'm not a vegan nor do I believe any of this crap but a friend of mine suggested I try out a vegan Facebook group to learn how to make things without those ingredients. It's a whole bunch of crazy over there let me tell you! These people truly are brainwashed into believing they're these righteous ethical beings saving the world. It's really hard to read posts about what they should tell their 5 y.old nephew when he asks why they don't eat the same as everyone else- that they need to tell him that he's harming animals while eating Xmas dinner with the family. ..the best are the vegans that insist that their cats are vegan...while lecturing everyone on how not to harm animals...