PDA

View Full Version : Cabo vs mazatlan

rossi
01-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Hi looking at going to the west side of Mexico have never been to either place which would you recommend?.

1899b
01-03-2018, 09:24 AM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=335824&highlight=cabo

yoteblaster
01-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Have been to Mazatlan 3 times. Really like being able to tour around in the pulmonia,s(basically a street legal golf cart). Felt safe,weather was always good. Lots of nightlife in the golden zone. Lots of pubs and restaurants. Have been to Cabo 4 times. Weather awesome as well but the fishing is better in Cabo. Better shopping in Cabo if that matters to you (didn't for me but I am married). Both are good.

srs123
01-03-2018, 12:24 PM
I thought Cabo was on the travel advisory list. The cartel are making a move there.

Double check before you book

oilngas
01-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Cabo is California all over again, Mazatlan is Mexico

rossi
01-04-2018, 07:28 AM
thanks cobo does not look to appealing after what i just read

Prairiewolf
01-04-2018, 08:12 AM

Look some more and you'll find Mazatlan has similar issues to Cabo. At the end of the day, if you want to find trouble in Mexico, you'll find it.

Further down the coast away from Cabo San Lucas is Cabo San Jose - a far less commercialized town with arts and culture, shops, and a laid-back atmosphere.

I really like the Cabo area, but the biggest drawback is the ocean. Due to strong undertow you're looking at black flag beach days most of the time. If swimming in the ocean is high on the list versus the resort pool, Mazatlan is better suited for you.

1899b
01-04-2018, 08:18 AM

I have stayed all over in Mexico, Caribbean side and pacific side and Cabo wins hands down. Will be back there in a couple months

Esox
01-04-2018, 08:30 AM
All depends on what you want. If you want to be in the ocean swimming and ****ing around then Cabo is not for you. I personally love cabo for everything else, especially the fishing in the summer and fall. We generally go other places other than cabo just because we much prefer having a beach to use instead of a pool. We really like Puerto Vallarta. Actually the big island of Hawaii is tops for me.