PDA

View Full Version : Doctor is campaigning to end meat consumption because it results in 'toxic masculinity'

Albertadiver
01-03-2018, 09:02 AM
For today's 'Mind Blown' thread, this person actually got a Doctorate, and is now saying that if we eat meat, it results in oppressive masculinity.

I'm at a bit of a loss for words as to the stunned stupidity of this brainwave. The fact that there are more and more people like her is astounding....

Anyhow, thought I'd get a few fired up on here over it since I already was! :lol:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5684306140001/

(Yes I know it's fox news.....)

CaberTosser
01-03-2018, 09:23 AM
With the advent of made-up humanities courses a lot of degrees aren't what they used to be. I think that a lot of their content could probably qualify as hate speech were it not for the fact that they're pointing fingers at a group that its perfectly Okey-Dokey to vilify.

elkhunter11
01-03-2018, 09:25 AM
http://www.votersopinion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Special-kind-of-stupid.jpg

JDK71
01-03-2018, 09:30 AM
wow she is messed in the head where do these type of people come up with this

Stinky Buffalo
01-03-2018, 09:35 AM
wow she is messed in the head where do these type of people come up with this

That, and the people that give 'em air time... SMH.

JDK71
01-03-2018, 09:38 AM
That, and the people that give 'em air time... SMH.

crazy stuff and there is people out there that we think she is right

mgvande
01-03-2018, 09:46 AM
You guys should settle down. She said it's too complicated to explain in 4 minutes. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt.

260 Rem
01-03-2018, 09:52 AM
You guys should settle down. She said it's too complicated to explain in 4 minutes. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt.
Given that my attention span is just under 4 minutes....

1899b
01-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Pass over the blue rare steak and the syringe filled with tesosterone suspension please. Life is good.....:)

propliner
01-03-2018, 10:30 AM
New Age thinkers would be happy to eliminate masculinity altogether. Giving these natural tendencies names such as "patriarchy" and "toxic masculinity" gives them a target to attack.

Eat your soy, boys. Embrace your feminism. Maybe you'll get to run the country some day.

CaberTosser
01-03-2018, 10:57 AM
When I see someone of the deluded leftist type being interviewed on Fox, I can't help but wonder if its a set-up, the person is an actor and the skits intent is to raise contempt for the left. Then I also wonder if the person is actually believes in their made-up delusions and thinks that by getting some airtime they will in fact be able to sway the beliefs of a Fox viewer. as much as the former can appear a possibility, I think the latter is all too true. The only thing that woman was missing was a really deep bong hit before each proclamation of her beliefs.

ReconWilly
01-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Maybe we could feed these people to each other...

We could solve hunger and over population at the same time!

Albertadiver
01-03-2018, 11:02 AM
At first, I honestly thought it was satire.

EZM
01-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Yes, this person comes off like a crack pot - no doubt ..... because she is talking about the sociological effects of "meat consumption" - and, yes, she seems flaky ...

BUT

Think of the very real physiological effects of eating/consuming foods/drugs/toxins/etc..

There is a real effect - and the effects are not the same sex to sex or even person to person ....

And - what's so funny to me ..... is that most of the outraged here posting comments might actually be smart enough to realize that foods, vitamins and toxins (found in both) do actually stimulate the chemistry in our bodies like testosterone, which, ironically, does have effects often related to masculinity like hair growth, larger muscle growth and aggression.

To even suggest, with any shred of intelligence, that often things that we eat have effects on us is just hilarious.

And back to what this crazy lady is saying, which is, ironically, true, the sociological effects of having your kids play hockey or lacrosse and eating meat and hunting are going to impact that kid. Just the same as if that same kid went to ballet, opera and water color painting class.

so .... Get a grip and take a breath boys. She's probably right.

Y'all might want to sit back and learn something you missed lernin' in skewl

Albertadiver
01-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Y'all might want to sit back and learn something you missed lernin' in skewl

Yes, thankfully I went to school when Men were Men and Women were Women, not some socially engineered LMNOP that identifies with unicorns, so now it wants 'unicorn' on it's drivers license.

Yes, what you consume obviously has effects on the body. I just couldn't believe that this warranted a Doctor saying we should no longer eat meat because being masculine is offensive.

EZM
01-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Yes, thankfully I went to school when Men were Men and Women were Women, not some socially engineered LMNOP that identifies with unicorns, so now it wants 'unicorn' on it's drivers license.

Yes, what you consume obviously has effects on the body. I just couldn't believe that this warranted a Doctor saying we should no longer eat meat because being masculine is offensive.

The lady is a snowflake.

We are all better off just saying "Ok, cool, your're probably right, but we just don't give a rats @$$"

If she cornered me and told me her theory - that's probably pretty much what I'd say to her.

Albertadiver
01-03-2018, 11:32 AM
The lady is a snowflake.

We are all better off just saying "Ok, cool, your're probably right, but we just don't give a rats @$$"

If she cornered me and told me her theory - that's probably pretty much what I'd say to her.

Yeah, you're right. :shake2:

jungleboy
01-03-2018, 11:35 AM
If you actually watch the clip ... It is hard to believe that this person is a professor / doctor of anything . She , much like our P.M . has trouble formulating a sentence. She lost any credibility she might have had when she started with the . " no no like what i'm like saying is , like"... At the end she was desperate to get some acknowledgment for the book." look this is the book I'm reading now" Nope i suspect she watched a Peta special somewhere last week and quickly jumped on a moving band wagon.
By the way ,you too can send away for your very own Doctorate online ,all you need is a credit card and some imagination.

HighlandHeart
01-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Isn't her whole idea just a gender/dietary based micro-agression? Time for another chunk of meatpie.

greybeard
01-04-2018, 01:33 AM
Dr. Ann, from the university of Pennsylvania, is siding with an Argentinian idea that men are more egalitarian if they are vegan. Eating meat, according to their ideology, pushes a man's patriarchal beliefs into her face. The act of eating meat is seen as political, not from hunger or desire. She has labeled this 'toxic masculinity' because controlling the labels of your opposition gives her an advantage. I reject her attempt to label my meat eating as anything but what it is to me.

Dr. Ann is interested in disrupting our culture's established hierarchy by making men out to be evil or indifferent to women and vegans. Men's efforts to climb the hierarchy is very important to all of society. The best men and women succeed better if they eat meat and therefore are more useful to society. Meat eaters are being efficient in the use of their time used to consume calories. Successful, efficient and useful men are sought out by others for leadership and as a mate. Those who are not going to put any effort into our culture's dominant eating practices are going to remain powerless and less valuable to the group. Dr. Ann is lazy and seeks more power but she is reading the cultural norms wrongly and she will be inefficient, powerless and a drag on the general society.

Greg

dodger
01-04-2018, 05:18 AM
She is a doctor and we are a group of unstable outdoor animals. Simple as that ;)

Listen and learn boys.

Dodger.

BuckCuller
01-04-2018, 09:17 AM
She is a doctor and we are a group of unstable outdoor animals. Simple as that ;)

Listen and learn boys.

Dodger.

It all started with a boy named Sue.

dodger
01-04-2018, 09:37 AM

Good one!!

Dodger.

Albertadiver
01-04-2018, 10:22 AM

Pretty much sums it up!