PDA

View Full Version : Camrose Range Update

elkhunter11
01-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Just a reminder to everyone, that the new swipe card system is now required to operate the electric gate to access the range. We are selling 2018 memberships online at the Camrose Shooting Sports Site, and at the Camrose Registry Office. If you purchase a membership online, your card will be mailed to you, if you purchase a membership at the registry, your card will be issued when you purchase the membership. Guests are allowed to access the range with a member, but we do not allow drop ins. We have installed multiple cameras to monitor the range, as part of our upgrade, so please read the range rules and follow them . Skeet is still running on Sundays, when temperatures are -10 or warmer. Please be aware that all ammunition containing steel core bullets is banned from our facility.

fish_e_o
01-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Please be aware that all steel core ammunition is banned from our facility.

why is that?

elkhunter11
01-04-2018, 09:40 AM
why is that?
]
There are multiple reasons for this, and I am not going to go into them on the forum, and have this turn into a discussion about the ban. The decision has been made just as it has been made at other ranges in the province.

Trochu
01-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Deleted.

ren008
01-04-2018, 10:07 AM
why is that?

Keep the SKS crowd out is my guess.

elkhunter11
01-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Keep the SKS crowd out is my guess.

Steel core bullets are banned on the range, SKS rifles aren't an issue, as long as you don't use steel core bullets.

260 Rem
01-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Does Camrose have a “cap”? If I recall correctly, the “swipe” actually swings the gate...how’s that working?

elkhunter11
01-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Does Camrose have a “cap”? If I recall correctly, the “swipe” actually swings the gate...how’s that working?

We don't have cap at this time, but if the membership keeps growing at the present rate, it may happen in the future. The gate is a sliding gate, and yes it opens automatically when you swipe your card. The cold did present some issues with the gate last week, and we are changing over to synthetic lubes to remedy the issue. Overall, we are finding the electric gate has greatly reduced the trespassing that was becoming an issue for us.

gitrdun
01-04-2018, 10:46 AM
why is that?

Here.....let me get an etch-a-sketch. :)

fish_e_o
01-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Here.....let me get an etch-a-sketch. :)

does the etch a sketch go PEWWWWWWwwwwwwwww.........

gitrdun
01-04-2018, 04:03 PM
does the etch a sketch go PEWWWWWWwwwwwwwww.........

Only if it's the newer models with wi-fi or bluetooth :)

NW Tradegunner
01-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Are there any improvements to the clubhouse? Any plans to demolish it and rebuild it?

elkhunter11
01-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Are there any improvements to the clubhouse? Any plans to demolish it and rebuild it?

There are no plans to build a new clubhouse that I am aware of. Given that the range is located on city property, with no long term lease, I don't see it happening.