PDA

View Full Version : Fallis access (Wabamun lake)

capper
01-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Just thought I’d mention access from fallis is tough for those with average or low clearance. 7 trucks on shore not one guy attempted to drive over the ice heave. It’s right at the access to the lake and is the perfect size to get hung up
On. A few people have driven over it, but not yesterday.

Fishing was ok. 14” walleye all day long. For those who have kids this is a great time to get them on the lake. Bobber with j-hook and minnow And you will catch a ton. Bobber out fished me 5-1 I’d say. 12-16ft of water is where all the Walters were. If anyone could share where all the other fish are that would be great lol.

capper
01-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Should have also mentioned Ice was 24”. Guys are driving on from the sailing club as well as in town.

guru fisher
01-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Sailing club is hot now for biggies !!!!

Sooner
01-05-2018, 10:42 AM
If memory serves, the Sailing club is on the south shore?

capper
01-05-2018, 10:49 AM
I’ll give it a try thanks. Sailing club is north shore. It’s the first lake accesss west of town.

iYearn
01-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Just thought I’d mention access from fallis is tough for those with average or low clearance. 7 trucks on shore not one guy attempted to drive over the ice heave. It’s right at the access to the lake and is the perfect size to get hung up
On. A few people have driven over it, but not yesterday.

Fishing was ok. 14” walleye all day long. For those who have kids this is a great time to get them on the lake. Bobber with j-hook and minnow And you will catch a ton. Bobber out fished me 5-1 I’d say. 12-16ft of water is where all the Walters were. If anyone could share where all the other fish are that would be great lol.

I really appreciate your report. I am heading out to Wab over the weekend and will adjust where we go first based on this ice heave.

lakerman
01-05-2018, 06:38 PM
day1 at sailing club, was dead, except for that big pressure crack 300 meters out, caught a few walleye, rest of the day hit town site lots of people, caught more there in a few hours than at sailing club,
day 2 townsite pier hit and miss more aggressive walleye, some small pike, few whites spotted missed one
day3 townsite walleyes were extremely soft biting, they'd come up and barely nibble the minnow, weather was great bettter than staying at home, tight lines all