PDA

View Full Version : Lac Bellevue

Mike-words
01-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Has anyone been out on Lac Bellevue recently? How thick was the ice?

Kim473
01-06-2018, 05:49 AM
Be careful on the ice on that lake. Many underground streams feed it. I went there once years ago, mid to the end of Jan and it was -25 to -30 for the week before.

Most lakes at the time the ice was about 2 ft. Drove on, drilled holes and fished. Went to drive off and one tire dropped in about a foot, backed out of the hole and got out of dodge carefully and in hurry with doors and windows open.

Many underground streams in that whole area. My father lived about 10 km away and warned me about the area lakes, especially that one. He hand drilled his well and only had to go about 25 feet down. On the south side of the NSR travelling to Myrnam on the highway there is a stream / artesian well that some old folks still get there drinking water from. A few hundred feet above the river. It usually flows year round. Just an example.

rookiemoosehunter
01-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Drove all over the lake with 1/2 tonne this weekend.... trucks driving everywhere....lots of ice.

Only the east side is where you need to worry about.

01-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Moosehunter , did you get any fish on the west side?

rookiemoosehunter
01-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Moosehunter , did you get any fish on the west side?

Yes, but it was very slow...hence why us and all the other vehicles were driving all over...

D.A.C
01-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Yes, but it was very slow...hence why us and all the other vehicles were driving all over...

I wonder if you're the guy who drove over my tip up 10 feet away from where I was jiggin ...

Ps I never had to move once ;)