PDA

View Full Version : Better hire more Mounties!

CMichaud
01-08-2018, 09:21 AM
The Trump administration will end protections for certain nationals of El Salvador, a source familiar with the decision tells CNN, a move that could leave more than 200,000 immigrants who have lived in the US more than 15 years without any legal status.

The termination will come with an 18-month wind down, according to the source, as the Department of Homeland Security recently did in ending other recent Temporary Protected Status for other countries. That time will allow individuals who have lived under the status to either seek other means of staying in the US or prepare to leave.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/08/politics/temporary-protected-status-el-salvador/index.html

wildbill
01-08-2018, 10:04 AM
Yup, that's definately what this country needs right now is more free loaders!

The Cook
01-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Worry not friends. Our government will not allow them in because they are not Muslims.

Or french speaking.

propliner
01-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Hire more Mounties to help carry their bags over the border?

JDK71
01-08-2018, 10:57 AM
I think we need to start building are own wall !!

3blade
01-08-2018, 11:20 AM

Yep. A wall that runs north and south, on the eastern fence of saskagopher. Eastern Turdland can keep their poutine and freeloaders, we keep the oil and mule deer.

lmtada
01-08-2018, 11:20 AM

We have a natural border. The six Month winters will take care of the weak.

JDK71
01-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Yep. A wall that runs north and south, on the eastern fence of saskagopher. Eastern Turdland can keep their poutine and freeloaders, we keep the oil and mule deer.

funny stuff!!

SlightlyDistracting
01-08-2018, 11:46 AM
I wouldnt worry. When oprah becomes president im sure all these illegal immigrants will be heading back to the US

Norwest Alta
01-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Fill'er up. We'll make one big frack pond on the east side.

elk396
01-08-2018, 12:57 PM

Pardon me, but that’s hilarious!!!

sewerrat
01-08-2018, 01:03 PM

And then be a taxi driver to drop them off at the nearest shelter.

dmcbride
01-08-2018, 01:15 PM
I blame the media for the Haitians. How many know this?

http://torontosun.com/2017/08/09/canada-in-fact-removed-special-status-for-haitians-long-before-the-us/wcm/287a6f1a-46cf-43b4-b4de-ac3d2595215b

Ronji
01-08-2018, 01:16 PM

That's priceless!
Every news report I watched, them Mounties made excellent doormen. Next they will sign for packages, and clear the snow off the trails for them as well.

Newview01
01-08-2018, 01:55 PM
I wouldnt worry. When oprah becomes president im sure all these illegal immigrants will be heading back to the US

Yep. She will be a formidable opponent for Donald.

airbornedeerhunter
01-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Yes they're coming. These locusts will soon be here and will be welcomed with open arms by our fop at 24 Sussex. We have senior citizens choosing between heat and food each month and these parasites will be given the keys to the kingdom and will live high on the hog at the expense of taxpayers.

PaintearthCounty
01-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Yes they're coming. These locusts will soon be here and will be welcomed with open arms by our fop at 24 Sussex. We have senior citizens choosing between heat and food each month and these parasites will be given the keys to the kingdom and will live high on the hog at the expense of taxpayers.

Watch Eastern Canadian voters, Toronto and area,Quebec, Atlantic Canada re elect the Liberals next election, so many Canadians especially in the east, live in a delusional bubble,

elkhunter11
01-08-2018, 06:52 PM
We have a natural border. The six Month winters will take care of the weak.

Except they will be warm and cozy indoors, paid for with our tax dollars.

MountainTi
01-08-2018, 07:17 PM

Fill'er up. We'll make one big frack pond on the east side.

:)

dawei88
01-09-2018, 07:09 AM
I don't understand why so people are so shamless entitled?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

elkhunter11
01-09-2018, 07:15 AM

So who do you think is so shameless entitled, the illegal immigrants that expect us to allow them to enter our country illegally, with us paying to support them, or the taxpayers that want to stop this from happening, and are tired of paying more taxes because it is happening?

Newview01
01-09-2018, 07:30 AM

What?

Ronji
01-09-2018, 07:33 AM

How do you figure that? Do you think the refugees are entitled to come into the country illegally? Last I heard there was a process.

elk396
01-09-2018, 10:51 AM
How do you figure that? Do you think the refugees are entitled to come into the country illegally? Last I heard there was a process.

Oh but wait!!!! They're running for their lives from the war torn United States!!!!! We have to help them!!!!

Spooner
01-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Thankfully, some of the vile opinions expressed here are just those of sad, impotent men, whose politics are so fringe, that they'll spend their days stewing and finger pointing, having never accomplished anything.

Our economy relies on immigration.

elk396
01-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Not that kind of immigration!

Ronji
01-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Thankfully, some of the vile opinions expressed here are just those of sad, impotent men, whose politics are so fringe, that they'll spend their days stewing and finger pointing, having never accomplished anything.

Wow, seriously how is this vile? Give your head a shake

Newview01

:snapoutofit:

Not the social program abusing immigration. Pull your head out of the sand.

robbiebobbie
I think a wall is a great idea and America should build it and we will pay them for it later.

elk396
01-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Immigration I agree is a necessary thing to a certain point, opening your doors wide to illegals is ridiculous. If the USA doesn't want them there, why would we. We need to bring in some educated immigrants that actually benefit our society for once, instead of getting a notice that my taxes are going to increase again to pay for getting immigrants into English classes, providing housing,teach them a trade to profession, plus now the new flavour of the day is to bring the entire extended family over as well and throw them on our already bursting medical system, really? No thanks, come in with some skills or get to the back of the line. I'm already tapped out in hand outs.

SamSteele
01-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Oh but wait!!!! They're running for their lives from the war torn United States!!!!! We have to help them!!!!

No, they are leaving to prevent being deported back to El Salvador which consistently has the highest murder rate in the world. Over 700 murders PER MONTH and an average of 103 murders per 100,000 citizens in 2015. To put that in perspective, it would be the same as over 1,000 murders per year in Edmonton alone. Pretty sure I would do the same as them if I was going to be sent there to live.

As a brief rundown of the countries history: 20 years of civil war, leading to a huge number of El Salvadorians fleeing the country to the US. Particularly the LA area where they settled in the slums and were exposed the gang culture. The civil war ended in 1992, after which the US deported all of the El Salvadorians back to their country which had no government, justice system, or infrastructure any longer. The gangs exploded and took over the country. A massive earthquake in 2001 destroys what little infrastructure they have, further entrenching the gangs in a position of power. Recent government attempts to get rid of the gangs has created military teams that act as judge, jury, and executioner on the spot. Read into that what you will.

I regularly go down to El Salvador and lead teams down that help provide housing for the poorest of the poor there. Those that know me will know that I am far from a bleeding heart liberal, but there are good people there that are in a desperately hard place. I regularly meet people that work harder than anyone I know here. Walking 2 hours each way to work 14 hours in the fields on the side of a mountain with no days off, returning to live in little more than a mud and stick house. They are anything but lazy.

I would highly recommend reading two books about the situation before you cast any further dispersions. The first is called "The Beast" and the second is "A History of Violence: Living and dying in Central America" by Oscar Martinez. I will warn you that they are not for the faint of heart.

SS

Elk Chaser
01-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Welcome to Canada, a country for the free. BUT we are in need of grain terminal operators so you are going to be relocated to Churchill. NOT Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Winnipeg or Montreal, you will be heading north to get that true Canadian experience. There no hand outs because you are employed. Thanks for coming!

Ronji
01-09-2018, 11:32 AM
So..........They entered the U.S. illegally, the States now wants them out, as they are becoming a burden. I believe they are scared of Trump cutting of any assistance they may be getting or deporting them. So, lets enter Canada illegally? And the RCMP assists them with their luggage. And then, tax the country more, and every other person to pay for all the social programs, job training, medical costs, and on and on. We cant even assist our First Nations properly.
I agree I'm cynical, but its the truth.

elkhunter11
01-09-2018, 11:44 AM
Immigration I agree is a necessary thing to a certain point, opening your doors wide to illegals is ridiculous. If the USA doesn't want them there, why would we. We need to bring in some educated immigrants that actually benefit our society for once, instead of getting a notice that my taxes are going to increase again to pay for getting immigrants into English classes, providing housing,teach them a trade to profession, plus now the new flavour of the day is to bring the entire extended family over as well and throw them on our already bursting medical system, really? No thanks, come in with some skills or get to the back of the line. I'm already tapped out in hand outs.

Exactly! Why even have an immigration system, if we are not going to utilize it? There are skilled people waiting to legally come to Canada, people that speak our language, and that can begin contributing to our society quickly, yet we make them wait while we pay to provide food and shelter for illegal immigrants that may be criminals or terrorists, and that at best will need to be educated and trained, before they can contribute.

elk396
01-09-2018, 12:17 PM
No, they are leaving to prevent being deported back to El Salvador which consistently has the highest murder rate in the world. Over 700 murders PER MONTH and an average of 103 murders per 100,000 citizens in 2015. To put that in perspective, it would be the same as over 1,000 murders per year in Edmonton alone. Pretty sure I would do the same as them if I was going to be sent there to live.

As a brief rundown of the countries history: 20 years of civil war, leading to a huge number of El Salvadorians fleeing the country to the US. Particularly the LA area where they settled in the slums and were exposed the gang culture. The civil war ended in 1992, after which the US deported all of the El Salvadorians back to their country which had no government, justice system, or infrastructure any longer. The gangs exploded and took over the country. A massive earthquake in 2001 destroys what little infrastructure they have, further entrenching the gangs in a position of power. Recent government attempts to get rid of the gangs has created military teams that act as judge, jury, and executioner on the spot. Read into that what you will.

I regularly go down to El Salvador and lead teams down that help provide housing for the poorest of the poor there. Those that know me will know that I am far from a bleeding heart liberal, but there are good people there that are in a desperately hard place. I regularly meet people that work harder than anyone I know here. Walking 2 hours each way to work 14 hours in the fields on the side of a mountain with no days off, returning to live in little more than a mud and stick house. They are anything but lazy.

I would highly recommend reading two books about the situation before you cast any further dispersions. The first is called "The Beast" and the second is "A History of Violence: Living and dying in Central America" by Oscar Martinez. I will warn you that they are not for the faint of heart.

SS

These were Haitians I'm referring to that were walking across the border with the RCMP holding their bags. I'm not trying to pick on any refugee group, it's just the walk in open door policy in general that I'm referring to. I understand the situation, but you can't just open the doors wide open or your county will soon resemble the country in which they were fleeing from in the first place. There are Billions of people around in just as bad or worse conditions than the people of El Salvador, but you can't save them all. Every country needs to step up and do their share, not just Canada.

BuckCuller
01-09-2018, 04:14 PM

This thread is only speculation that some of the illegals may cross into Canada.
However this thread is not about debating immigration policies it’s the lack of upholding them when it comes to illegal immigration.
I am of belief that if you broke your first law coming into the country that you should not be able to stay no matter how good of a person you are, you broke the law.
These so called refugees not only cost citizens extra tax dollars but slow down the process for all the immigrants that want to enter the country legally and I do not thinks this is right.

elkhunter11
01-09-2018, 04:18 PM
This thread is only speculation that some of the illegals may cross into Canada.
However this thread is not about debating immigration policies it’s the lack of upholding them when it comes to illegal immigration.
I am of belief that if you broke your first law coming into the country that you should not be able to stay no matter how good of a person you are, you broke the law.
These so called refugees not only cost citizens extra tax dollars but slow down the process for all the immigrants that want to enter the country legally and I do not thinks this is right.

I agree 100%. As for the illegal immigrants, how can we trust anyone whose first activity in Canada is to commit an illegal act by entering the country illegally?

propliner
01-09-2018, 04:26 PM
I tend to worry about border jumpers who come from a society where the murder rate is an astounding 103 per 100,000. Who says we only get the good ones?

Imagehunter
01-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Why should it be allowed for them to enter illegally and stay?
Isn't that a bit unfair to the rest of us immigrants that took months to go through the legal process? We had to provide all sorts of documents, all of those had to be translated by authorized people that charge per word translating the document, background checks, diplomas etc. When we came here we had to use our savings for down-payment on a car, safety deposit for an apartmemt and so on. We worked hard to be allowed to live and work here in Canada.
If we had just taken a flight they'd have sent us back at the airport. Why should it be easier for others by simply crossing the land border, hoping they'll get a legal status with time? It's a US problem, they let them in, they should deal with it.

HalfBreed
01-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Kinda reminds me of what happened in the 1500's.

:thinking-006:

BuckCuller
01-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Kinda reminds me of what happened in the 1500's.

I don’t think there was a welfare state to rely on in the 1500’s was there?
Or boarders.
Or a country.
Or laws.

densa44
01-09-2018, 10:06 PM
The mods are starting to get complaints.