PDA

View Full Version : How I make Jerky

Huntingonthebrain
01-08-2018, 02:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1ORgK0KbA

My "how to" video on making Jerky

I used Beef as I ran out of wild game. This is for beginners wanting to learn how to make it at home.

fishtank
01-08-2018, 02:39 PM
as for the prepacked cure seasoning i usually just taste tested befor pouring it in, the suggested amount in the instruction tend to be too salty .

moosemad
01-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Nice video Nic, easy to follow. Never tried home made beef jerky either but my mouth is watering. gonna give it a go.

Piker
01-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Almost the same as I do it except I do not mix the spices with water as I am dehydrating the jerky. I mix my own spices sptinkle it on thr meat two days in the frig turning daily and then apply the heat . I use a dehydrator with constant air flow so I do not have to move thr trays . It takes about 4 hrs. At 150f to get it firm but bendable. This Piker

altex
01-08-2018, 04:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1ORgK0KbA

My "how to" video on making Jerky

I used Beef as I ran out of wild game. This is for beginners wanting to learn how to make it at home.

Where do you get your Nesco product it is my favorite but Cabelas doesn't carry it anymore. I am in Edmonton.

hayseed
01-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Every Peavey Mart I have ever been in has it..:)

Huntingonthebrain
01-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Nice video Nic, easy to follow. Never tried home made beef jerky either but my mouth is watering. gonna give it a go.

You will love it once you get the hang of it!

Huntingonthebrain
01-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Almost the same as I do it except I do not mix the spices with water as I am dehydrating the jerky. I mix my own spices sptinkle it on thr meat two days in the frig turning daily and then apply the heat . I use a dehydrator with constant air flow so I do not have to move thr trays . It takes about 4 hrs. At 150f to get it firm but bendable. This Piker

I used to use a dehydrator but switched over to a smoker....I will never go back....
The smoke flavour alone is enough to switch. Also it makes a moister jerky.

But it's personal preference as I have make some amazing batches in a dehydrator as well.

hayseed
01-08-2018, 06:40 PM
We use a liquid smoke and dehydrate. Have 15 trays I think??
Use to do lots with my old Bradley, actually still have it but use to smoke all year round, and it kinda sucked in the winter. Open the door to move trays and lose 50 degrees... will still use in the summer.

The way we mix the smoke and spices, absolutely the best I've had.