PDA

View Full Version : US Democrats try and Fail to buy guns illegally

bergman
01-09-2018, 05:32 PM
An interesting read...

Seems Sen. Warren et. al. set out to prove that criminals could easily buy firearms through the "loophole" of person-to-person sales in the US.... and failed every time after two and a half years of trying.

Dem-ordered study to expose illegal online gun sales backfires (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/08/dem-ordered-study-to-expose-illegal-online-gun-sales-backfires.html)

I guess those law-abiding gun owners actually abide by the law. Who knew?

fordtruckin
01-09-2018, 10:06 PM
I doubt we will hear much about this in the general media. Likely it will be hidden away and quietly forgotten by those who pushed for it as they modify the expirement to get the results they want.

dmac
01-10-2018, 08:26 AM
So Fox news isn't "general" media. I've never heard this term before. Care to enlighten?

SlightlyDistracting
01-10-2018, 09:23 AM
Fox news is the mainstream news source I will watch
Clinton News Network, and the other fake news sites are too busy trying to destroy trump.

covey ridge
01-10-2018, 09:49 AM
CNN, MSNBC or Fox News? All of these seem to be more political platform or entertainment than they are news. I think they are all part of spin TV.
:thinking-006:

I am starting to think that no new is good news.

I get most of my news from Bill Maher or John Oliver:)

SlightlyDistracting
01-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Fox is not mainstream. They are not fake news like all the others. CBC included.

MyAlberta
01-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Fox is not mainstream. They are not fake news like all the others. CBC included.

Slightly distracted.

ReconWilly
01-10-2018, 01:03 PM
CNN, MSNBC or Fox News? All of these seem to be more political platform or entertainment than they are news. I think they are all part of spin TV.
:thinking-006:

I am starting to think that no new is good news.

I get most of my news from Bill Maher or John Oliver:)

Bill Maher is a MASSIVE SHILL...No idea who Jon Oliver is?

SlightlyDistracting
01-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Slightly distracted.

Lol.
Overly naive

bergman
01-10-2018, 05:03 PM
All media biases aside, my point of posting it is that gun owners are not the irresponsible lot we are so often painted as, even in the gun-lovin' U-S-of-A.

As part of the 'study' they were said to have openly reported themselves as 'not able to pass a background check'. Just as I don't know q single person here who would sell to a person without a PAL, the 'study organizers' couldn't find a single person to complete a private sale with a person who would fail a criminal background check.

Add it to the long list of arguments against gun-grabbing types.

Nuff said.