PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I sign in?

dewalt18
01-09-2018, 08:44 PM
New iPhone 8 yesterday, due to previous phone being at the bottom of a lake

No trouble veiwng the sight, but when I try to log in, after I enter my user name and password, I hit enter, and it clears my password, then proceeds to a screen telling my I entered the wrong info. Not using tapatalk, this is on browser. Never once had a problem until now.

Anybody?

TylerThomson
01-09-2018, 09:46 PM

No trouble veiwng the sight, but when I try to log in, after I enter my user name and password, I hit enter, and it clears my password, then proceeds to a screen telling my I entered the wrong info. Not using tapatalk, this is on browser. Never once had a problem until now.

Anybody?

Uhhh didn't you just post from your account or are you using a different device. If it says you have the wrong info than you do. Check to be sure you have correct punctuation. You could always reset your password. There should be an option for that when the login fails.

Mr Rogi
01-09-2018, 09:49 PM
I just switched from htc to iPhone, and I had issues too.

It kept asking me to log in with my google account.

It took days to get it going on my phone. I would try logging in on my computer, and that worked fine, but not on my new phone. Not really sure what happened, but it finally took my AO id and password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purgatory.sv
01-09-2018, 10:06 PM

Anybody?

As post#2 said your in.
You must be special ,i hope all your privileges return.
:):sHa_shakeshout::scared0018:

dewalt18
01-11-2018, 06:52 PM
No, not in. Posting from iPad, not iPhone. Still unable to sign in. As I mentioned in my OP, I enter my user name and password, and hit enter. My password immediately clears, and then it loads to the next screen, which is the "failed to login" screen, telling me I entered the wrong info, and that I have used 1 of 5 attempts to log in. Getting tired of trying.

Monica B
01-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Getting tired of trying.

Ya, for 2 days, haha

dewalt18
01-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Ya, for 2 days, haha

Congrats on making double digits on the post count. Also, thanks for your constructive insight. :fighting0021::fighting0074:

TylerThomson
01-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Congrats on making double digits on the post count. Also, thanks for your constructive insight. :fighting0021::fighting0074:

Have you tried resetting your password?

Monica B
01-11-2018, 08:15 PM

Thanks
No problem
Those emoji things are kooky

dewalt18
01-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Have you tried resetting your password?

Password is good, can sign in and out on both the iPad and computer. It's an iPhone issue, not an AOF issue. Like I said, twice, as soon as I hit go, it clears the password, then proceeds to load the next page.

TylerThomson
01-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Oh I didn't realize you could sign in and out on other browsers. I'm at a loss then. Maybe try clearing cache and cookies on your phone. I know it's new but who knows. Have you tried installing a browser other than safari and logging in that way? I'm an android guy so I don't know much about your phone but if it's available Firefox is a good browser.

TylerThomson
01-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Wait I just thought of something. I had this issue once before with a different form where if I hit enter on the on-screen keyboard it wouldn't work but if I entered my info then clicked the button on the form itself it would work.

dewalt18
01-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Wait I just thought of something. I had this issue once before with a different form where if I hit enter on the on-screen keyboard it wouldn't work but if I entered my info then clicked the button on the form itself it would work.

Not that either!

TylerThomson
01-11-2018, 09:20 PM
Well I'm at a loss then my man. Toss that thing down another ice hole and try again. ( I'm kidding)

How you get it figured out

Dean2
01-12-2018, 11:53 AM
Have you tried downloading the mobile version of the app Taptalk. It works much better on Iphone to access a number of forums.