PDA

View Full Version : YYC best park sleep and fly motel? 10 days

wwbirds
01-10-2018, 07:31 PM
Since I am over half an hour to airport and we have to be there at 5:30 for our Puerto vallarta trip next month we are thinking of using a close to yyc motel with shuttle in case weather is nasty. Prices are all about the same so other considerations are how often the shuttle to airport runs as a few seem to be only every hour on the hour meaning we would have to leave motel at 4 AM to be at airport for 5 ish.
Any you have used that are good better or best. See many only allow free parking for 7 days while on vacation but the 3 extra days is only $9 at one we looked at. Recommendations?

Jamie
01-10-2018, 07:33 PM
Since I am over half an hour to airport and we have to be there at 5:30 for our Puerto vallarta trip next month we are thinking of using a close to yyc motel with shuttle in case weather is nasty. Prices are all about the same so other considerations are how often the shuttle to airport runs as a few seem to be only every hour on the hour meaning we would have to leave motel at 4 AM to be at airport for 5 ish.
Any you have used that are good better or best. See many only allow free parking for 7 days while on vacation but the 3 extra days is only $9 at one we looked at. Recommendations?

They all seem to be new. I have done it a couple of times and makes it all so much easier. Find one with a good Breakfast?

heybert
01-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Most hotels will accommodate people's flight times

Spidey
01-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Sign up for Travelzoo and take advantage of their park, sleep and fly promo. $125 at Hotel Clique and their shuttle is full size and excellent. We just did this on our trip to Mazatlan last week and were very happy compared to other larger hotels with tiny minivans as shuttles. And this promo is for 14 days parking, not 7.

Their shuttles run to and from yyc every 30 min.

https://www.travelzoo.com/ca/hotel-booking/hotel/5029/hotel-clique-calgary-airport/?marketType=2&searchGuid=54f9b77e-060f-40c5-8b75-28e31ea11094

bobinthesky
01-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Park and Jet is $13.95/day and you could get a room at the new Marriott right inside the airport terminal, 5 minute walk indoors to your gate in the morning.
I lined up a room there for the in-laws a year ago when they were going to Maui and they loved it!

FishOutOfWater
01-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Since I am over half an hour to airport...

Seriously ? You're less than an hour away, and you're gonna stay at a hotel in Calgary ?
I live IN Calgary, and I'm still 30-35 minutes away...
* Don't wanna miss your flight, stay at the Delta by Marriot and walk to the terminal...

https://www.google.ca/search?rlla=0&hotel_dates=2018-01-14,2018-01-15&hotel_occupancy=2&q=Delta+Hotels+by+Marriott+Calgary+Airport+In-Terminal&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbsZP_sdDYAhUV9WMKHWV7DagQuzEICigA&biw=1680&bih=919

:scared0015:

wwbirds
01-11-2018, 10:25 AM
If I leave the truck 10 days in Park and Fly or Jet I will have a $135-$150 parking bill when I get back. Either way we have to be there at 5:30 AM so it seems a motel bill of $150 with free parking for 10 days and a leisurely stroll to the terminal might be easier. Last time we went to cuba we drove to airport in a storm at 4:30 Am and it was not fun not knowing if we would make the cutoff/deadline of 5:30!
I am 35 minutes from airport in good weather with no traffic. Weather creates an unpredictable drive I would rather avoid. These old eyes dont do night driving well at all much less in bad weather.

elk396
01-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Hilton Garden Inn, if you stay there, you can leave your vehicle there for free during your trip, they have free shuttles as well.