PDA

View Full Version : BC Fishing Recommendations / References

fishingnut
01-11-2018, 07:21 AM
So, I am looking for input or recommendations on guides, charters, location and time of year to head to BC to have the best chance at catching alot of Salmon and Halibut? Never done a deep sea fishing excursion so I want to make sure I do it right the first time. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Deep
01-11-2018, 07:33 AM
If you search here there you will find previous inquiries with many recommendations. Personally, I have had many good trips out of Sooke BC with mostly Cal of "Spencers Sport Fishing". Went with T&T charters as well when i could not get on with Cal. My initial salmon was a 45 lb one that sadly was taken by a gawd damned seal.Tight lines and have a great time.

Evil69
01-11-2018, 11:09 AM
If your fishing out of Victoria I highly recommend http://www.seaghostcharters.com/ I know Gord personally and he's the guy the rest of the guides go to for advice.

Ceilidh69
01-11-2018, 12:39 PM
North end of Vancouver Island end of July into August. Later timing maximizes your chances to catch springs and cohos and possibly pinks. Halibut fishing sometimes slows later in the summer. Have fished with Codfathers out of Port Hardy and they are very good. Hardy Buoys in Port Hardy does an excellent job processing and packing fish for travel. Qaulicum Rivers guide outfit in Winter Harbour also have a good rep, nice boats and qualified guides. Rougher on the outside but usually the bottom fishing is stellar. Enjoy.

Ceilidh69
01-11-2018, 12:40 PM
North end of Vancouver Island end of July into August. Later timing maximizes your chances to catch springs and cohos and possibly pinks. Halibut fishing sometimes slows later in the summer. Have fished with Codfathers out of Port Hardy and they are very good. Hardy Buoys in Port Hardy does an excellent job processing and packing fish for travel. Qaulicum Rivers guide outfit in Winter Harbour also have a good rep, nice boats and qualified guides. Rougher on the outside but usually the bottom fishing is stellar. Enjoy. Watch some Angler West videos on YouTube.