PDA

View Full Version : North end Crawling V access

7finn
01-13-2018, 04:25 PM
It looks like my southend walleye spot has moved to deeper water :(. And I’ve never fished the North end. I’m going out tomorrow with my son and we will be looking for any rock line in 10-18fow . I’ve heard I need to get on the road to “Red rock” and turn right their??? Can someone please tell me how to get to “red rock” and acces to the lake . Also I’m not asking for an exact gps location but can you send me in at least a direction to any rock lines . Left / right of access road 200yrds out ??? We have a flasher unit and camera so as long as I’m close we can find some rocks, I just don’t want to end up in a area that is all sand wasting hours drilling and looking .

Thank u

Hunter4ever12
01-13-2018, 05:15 PM
Thought that was the whole point of fishing....trying to find them?

pikergolf
01-13-2018, 05:23 PM
I would check on google earth and see if I could see an access point.

7finn
01-13-2018, 06:27 PM
I did check on google and Apple maps. I can see about 5-6 different access points on the west side , problem is that I can also see what I think are Texas gates or just plain old gates that might be locked !

PlayDoh
01-13-2018, 06:40 PM
I did check on google and Apple maps. I can see about 5-6 different access points on the west side , problem is that I can also see what I think are Texas gates or just plain old gates that might be locked !

Hutterite’s own most if not all of the land around CVR. Red Rock is the only one I know of that doesn’t have a gate.

TROLLER
01-14-2018, 02:10 PM
The colony never used to put up gates are they now? if not just turn at the colony follow the road it will take you to the lake, otherwise you have to come in on the so. side and take a trail all the way to the DU monument on the north end.

you can also access mia the EID on the west end off Duck Lake rd.

WayneChristie
01-14-2018, 04:04 PM
there can be a lot of snow piled up in there, pretty easy to get stuck right Schooch

Tigger72
01-21-2018, 08:30 AM
Bring a shovel....

deerless
01-21-2018, 10:52 AM
I was out on wednesday, the ice was 20" thick. People were just driving across the lake from the south boat launch to the north end.

th3count
01-22-2018, 09:31 PM
anyone got any tips/locations for burbot on this lake. never cought one. making a trip from medicine hat to find some.

RoscoeT
01-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Sorry but what is this road to "Red Rock" that's been mentioned?

I'm not overly familiar with the area and google maps is turning up nothing for "Red Rock" other than the place near MedHat.

7finn
01-23-2018, 11:01 AM
thank you everyone i found redrock. That road going east is hard crusty ice snow as of yesterday. carful around that little bend.