PDA

View Full Version : Anyone eating pike eggs?

getatmewolf
01-14-2018, 09:59 AM
Anyone eating the roe from pike, perch or walleye? Curious about how you prepare them?

moose maniac
01-14-2018, 10:15 AM
Anyone eating the roe from pike, perch or walleye? Curious about how you prepare them?

I wash them up really good soak in some salt water for an hour or so then roll in flour and fry them up.

Angler
01-14-2018, 08:12 PM
Mix it with some egg and spices, a little bit of flour and make patties, fry'em in oil or butter. Yam

You can also make a caviar from pikes eggs, but this is something not everyone would try.

fishcommander
01-14-2018, 10:16 PM
I would LOVE to get my hands one some Pike eggs! I used to eat them as a kid. Although we only went tice fishing about once a year, we'd usually end up with some eggs. They were almost as coveted as caviar! I think my parents tried to gross us kids out so that they could eat more of them! As far as I know, mom just fried them in butter...

Brandonkop
01-14-2018, 11:18 PM
I like eating the perch eggs. The smaller sacks are better in my opinion since they cook better through the center. Just roll in flour and whatever spice you want and fry up. just like little sausages. Used to eat the pike eggs the same way.

gloszz
01-14-2018, 11:52 PM
My mom likes the pike eggs and burbot eggs and pretends she is royalty eating caviar. I actually remember collecting a lot one year and going through the trouble removing it from the sacs and salting it.