PDA

View Full Version : marcum 485c

wcbarker
01-21-2018, 05:49 PM
used camera today and it only ran for about 10 min and turned off. I charged it last week. And when I turned it back on it ran for about 2 min and shut off again. Checked voltage when I got home and it was 11.47. is this still ok to run camera. I will check it when I recharge it again. Can anyone help.
Oh ya it is only 2 weeks old.:angry3:

Willowtrail
01-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Pretty much sounds like a dead battery. Go back to the store with your receipt and get a new battery.

ghostguy6
01-21-2018, 05:59 PM
You may need a new battery. With all my electronics I take piece of hard foam and wedge it under the battery to add some more insulation. It really makes a difference especially if you set them directly on the ice.

RavYak
01-21-2018, 07:42 PM
Your battery should be higher then 11.47 volts after being charged. Either your battery or charger isn't doing its job is my guess.

My old Marcum used to run into the 10 volt range before powering off but that was what the reading said while being used to your 11.47 volts might drop low enough once under load.

Those stupid little SLA batteries are half useless. You will want at least 1 spare on hand if not 2. Lucky if you can get a couple seasons out of them as well, they aren't meant to be fully discharged like they usually are when used with these cameras.

old dog
01-23-2018, 09:54 PM
I always pack spare batteries. I date day of purchase on the battery. Seem to last 3-4 years and then up in the recycle For the $30 I like to have a spare vs having no flasher, etc