PDA

View Full Version : gull lake walleye tag

endeavor
01-25-2018, 11:39 PM
Winter is almost gone. and my class A tags are still there...

Can any body give me some clues to fill it ? many thanks.

not sure which location is better among sandy point, meridian beach, or parkland beach.

JonnyBoy0919
01-26-2018, 05:18 AM
I'm in the same boat, expect I won't fill them this year.

NSR Fisher
01-26-2018, 07:06 AM
On the east end of the lake, north from Wilsons beach there is a huge drop off.

If you look at that area on google maps satellite image you can see probably 4 or 5 boats parked on that drop off. Its the first "hump" of the shoreline before that sharp point.

Try there, I'm betting you will find some decent sized walleye. Its a popular spot so I won't get flamed too hard for giving it away :-)

Also, straight out and then south of parkland beach town is a nice open flat area that walleye move up on to feed in the morning and in the evening as the sun rises or sets. Move deeper in the afternoon. Some decent fish caught in that area as well at certain times.

Hunter Trav
01-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Winter is almost gone. and my class A tags are still there...

Can any body give me some clues to fill it ? many thanks.

1. Drive to the lake.
2. Start auger.
3. Drill holes.
4. Bait hook and drop down said holes.
5. Open beer and wait patiently.

:bad_boys_20:

happyfisher
01-26-2018, 01:02 PM
I got a huge walleye at brownies last year.....red white spoon....jigging......

comaderek
01-26-2018, 01:51 PM
What is a class A tag?

Sorry Manitoba resident.

SNAPFisher
01-26-2018, 02:01 PM
What is a class A tag?

Sorry Manitoba resident.

"walleye over 50 cm in total length "

comaderek
01-26-2018, 02:16 PM
Do you buy the tags or get them?

Our restriction is one over 70 cm.

But I would never keep one that size.

Digger91
01-26-2018, 03:29 PM
There’s 4 of us who have tags and none of us have caught a single walleye :angry3:

yoteblaster
01-26-2018, 05:29 PM
Don't waste your time at Sandy Point.

endeavor
01-27-2018, 02:06 AM
Do you buy the tags or get them?

Our restriction is one over 70 cm.

But I would never keep one that size.

Manitoba is great ! more big fish and less angler.

endeavor
01-27-2018, 02:47 AM
On the east end of the lake, north from Wilsons beach there is a huge drop off.

If you look at that area on google maps satellite image you can see probably 4 or 5 boats parked on that drop off. Its the first "hump" of the shoreline before that sharp point.

Try there, I'm betting you will find some decent sized walleye. Its a popular spot so I won't get flamed too hard for giving it away :-)

Also, straight out and then south of parkland beach town is a nice open flat area that walleye move up on to feed in the morning and in the evening as the sun rises or sets. Move deeper in the afternoon. Some decent fish caught in that area as well at certain times.

Great! It is a music to my ears.
thanks a lot....t !:fishing:

eyewhomper
01-27-2018, 05:36 AM
Really bring them byl I'll fill them lol have already caught more then 60 walleye this year been pretty slow but still getting them me and my 3 buddy's already tagged ours out this winter the fishing will get a lot better in February March

Digger91
01-27-2018, 06:10 AM
Really bring them byl I'll fill them lol have already caught more then 60 walleye this year been pretty slow but still getting them me and my 3 buddy's already tagged ours out this winter the fishing will get a lot better in February March

Haha maybe you could point me in the direction of where to find them or any tips you got. Thinking about heading out next Thursday morning for a few hours.