PDA

View Full Version : Yah hoo mikisew!!!

genoel
01-27-2018, 04:32 AM
I heard from Tim Gillies yesterday and Mikisew Sport fishing will be OPEN for business this year with 6 lakes operating. No details yet but more to follow. All I know is that Ryan Lake is one of them and Liz and I are VERY EXCITED!!!
George
http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/genoel3/media/IMG_3168_69_70_fused_tonemapped_zpsza9ukyp0.jpg.ht ml

Walleye101
01-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Nice! Might have to make a trip to Loutit.

Jamie
01-27-2018, 11:26 AM
Anyone care to give me the run down on this? I have been looking for a place to take my daughter.
We loved Winefred last year and are having a tough time beating that place.

Soiler
01-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Ya we're going back into Colin. Can't wait. I proposed to the wife on the dock there, so we were pretty bummed when they shut the doors a couple years ago. Think it'll be trip 6 or 7 into that camp for us..

eagleflyfisher
01-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Had many great trips up there, hope the flights are worked out, was super when they had their ow n planes.
Any idea what it now costs , still 5 days I would assume?

guru fisher
01-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Any Charles lake camps being run. Charles north was the best !!!!!

trophyhunter
01-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genoel
01-28-2018, 05:53 AM
Anyone care to give me the run down on this? I have been looking for a place to take my daughter.
We loved Winefred last year and are having a tough time beating that place.

I have never been to Winifred Lake but these trips are awesome.
We went 12 years in a row before the shutdown 2 years ago. The biggest difference to me is that you have the lake entirely to yourself. They fly you in and leave you there alone until they pick you up.
You can search my posts for several trip reports up there, we love it and are VERY EXCITED that our favourite camp is reopening for this year. :):)

genoel
01-28-2018, 05:58 AM
Any Charles lake camps being run. Charles north was the best !!!!!

My guess is that Colin, Cornwall, Charles North and Loutit will be open as well as Ryan Lake plus one more. Tim told me that 6 lakes would be open and I'm sure that these will be included.
Can't wait for the official news. Website should be up and running soon.

trophyhunter
01-28-2018, 08:00 AM
I have never been to Winifred Lake but these trips are awesome.

We went 12 years in a row before the shutdown 2 years ago. The biggest difference to me is that you have the lake entirely to yourself. They fly you in and leave you there alone until they pick you up.

You can search my posts for several trip reports up there, we love it and are VERY EXCITED that our favourite camp is reopening for this year. :):)

This sounds awesome! Do you recall the pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Positrac
01-28-2018, 08:20 AM
Good news but I’m a bit surprised they are opening back up. They lost money the last few years they were in operations and most of their equipment “disappeared” after they shut down from what I was told from a creditable source.

It will be interesting to see what they have for resources this year. I wonder where they found the money to open back up as the economics of running the operation haven’t changed since they closed.

Soiler
01-31-2018, 09:03 PM
Just got the word today. Apparently someone further up the food chain with Mikisew has quashed the idea of them re-opening any of the camps this year. So another year goes by with the gear & cabins getting older & not maintained. Hope they can figure out how to run them next year.

marlin1
02-02-2018, 08:52 AM
so close , went a long time ago to Charles . It was a good trip

Soiler
02-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Yup, we booked with Dan & Andrew lake lodge instead. It's to bad, but if mikisew waits much longer, it'll cost a fortune to get everything at the camps back up to where it should be & they'll never do it. I've been to their Colin, Cornwall, South Charles & Wylie camps over the years & I'd always enjoyed myself.

guru fisher
02-04-2018, 07:50 AM
Can a guy fly in and use the camps and boats ? I wonder what the deal is with that ??

Dead Moose
02-04-2018, 08:28 AM
I suppose you could go in but it would be a good idea to do a scouting trip as there might be a lot of the stuff missing or damaged. You'd likely have to clear it with the band too

Positrac
02-04-2018, 09:11 AM
I’m pretty well connected to a few members of the band and what I alluded to in my previous post is the fact I’ve heard there is not much left in the way of equipment at any of the camps.

The last time they were shut down there was not any plans of starting back up in the foreseeable future. There is just not enough money in it compared to other businesses the band has.

Dead Moose
02-04-2018, 01:42 PM
I would guess that originally the sport fishing business was set up to keep the airline busy. Without the airline they don't get the economies of scale to make it profitable . You will note that Andrew Lake operates as a division of their airline service.