PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake walleye update

buckdog
01-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Just wondering how the walleye are biting on pigeon lake lately?hope to head out to fill some tags over the weekend and could use some advice as i haven't fished pigeon for about ten years.any advice is appreciated!

jpohlic
01-30-2018, 11:33 AM
Fished two weeks ago and we caught half a dozen and lost at least that many at the hole. Size ranged from maybe 16-20".

Fished again on Sunday and only saw one on the flasher. I watched it swim by the holes at least a dozen times and it was a good size walleye, at least 26" judging by the size of my lures. Got a few nibbles and one bite but lost it at the hole. Didn't see anything else that day.

We were fishing just off the point south of the Mulhurst boat launch.

Brodhead
01-30-2018, 11:36 AM
It's been about a week and a half since I fished pigeon but I've been catching them everywhere between 3 and 30 feet of water since early December. Shouldn't have any trouble finding some. Good luck

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Brodhead
01-30-2018, 11:43 AM
Best advice I can give is jig a minnow on a standard jighead. If you can buy some stinger/trailer rigs or tie one so that the rear hook(s) go through the minnow's tail. you will have better luck hooking the fish that only nibble or gently bite the back of your minnow

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk