PDA

View Full Version : Hole Location is Everything

Brandonkop
02-05-2018, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49z6Xwj8Euc

Made this video out in BC but still holds true where ever fish swim below the ice.

When using set lines you have to put them in the right location in order to trigger bites. Since your lure is usually small and not moving the fish need to be swimming through the location where you will set your line. If you have your Jaw Jacker set in a high traffic area you will increase you hook ups. I hope you can increase your odds with a few of these tips your next trip out on the ice!

NSR Fisher
02-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Great video, and I agree with the concept.

I have fished in one hole and not caught a fish, moved to a hole not even 10 feet away and just lit them up one after another.

Location, Location, Location!

Another thing I like to do is jig quite close to my dead sticks. So often fish come up just to check out the flash of a jig or spoon, only to realize its fake and turn away. If your deadstick is sitting right there they sometimes will grab it before they leave.

if you have your sonar transducer set at just the right angle in a hole close to your deadstick, you can watch them swim right up to the mark of your deadstick bait and be ready to grab that rod the second they touch it. Really helps if you don't have a jaw jacker and just want to use a simple dead stick.