PDA

View Full Version : New Lake Sundance Perch Thread...query

Sundancefisher
05-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Since we have a ton of people interested in Perch... I am contemplating doing a bi weekly catch if it becomes feasible to leave the nets in for 3 or 4 consecutive days without perch and trout mortalities. Therefore I know people will come out Sat and Sun but how many people could come out on Wednesday night...say 6:30 - 8:30 pm?

So if you could make it on Wednesdays...please respond. If you can not do that day...please do not respond. This is a survey.

For you others that want to come but only select days work and for all others...please feel free to put in your preferred date.

Please note that Sat and Sun will soon be 9-11 am.

Monday to Friday 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm

I would like to get the odd person out to help pull the trap should they wish to try there hand for a day do a little "fisheries" management work.

Cheers

Sun

nicemustang
05-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I'd love too, but weekends are for big boy fishing time in our southern reserves...Wednesday's would be ideal during the week.

FisherAlex
05-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Saturdays are most convenient, but i could do most wednesdays if you are goin to do that.

Alex

tjcartmell
05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Some one should approach F&W about transporting the live perch you take out of Lake Sundance to Pine Coulee so those stocked walleyes have something to feed on beside each other and Gulp!! Apparantly F&W don't have the resources to stock baitfish in PC.

Sundancefisher
05-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Some one should approach F&W about transporting the live perch you take out of Lake Sundance to Pine Coulee so those stocked walleyes have something to feed on beside each other and Gulp!! Apparantly F&W don't have the resources to stock baitfish in PC.

They seem to have a plan for there as is stands. Taking perch from Sundance my mean taking inferior genetics or disease pathogens to a public lake. This is where the experts decide rather than the public. Lots of complicated issues for a biologist to resolve.

Cheers

Sun

Sundancefisher
05-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi all.

Based upon past netting...there are prime areas that caught well in excess of 1000 perch/trap. Yesterday we set all 4 nets there and will not pull out till Sat morning. Most perch seem to migrate in the late evening and early morning hours. As such we are expecting lots of perch over a two night period. Perch numbers will be very important in order to compare how multiple evening trapping works. Plus there should be a lot of extra perch Sat morning.

Cheers

Sun

P.S. How about people taking a guess to see who is closed for total perch caught on Saturday's pull from all 4 traps. Best netting to date is 1555 and worst is 198.

Sundancefisher
05-25-2009, 11:07 AM
So far Wed and Sat are the most requested days.