PDA

View Full Version : Predator calling Workshop

Turney
12-02-2006, 09:42 AM
The MD of Bonnyville & the Beaver River Fish & Game is hosting a predator calling workshop December 14th in Bonnyville. Starts at 10 am till 4pm. If anyone needs more info PM me and I'll give you the poster.

Turney

Cabot
12-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Turney,

How did that turn out? I wanted to attend, but I was working and couldn't get the day off. Would you mind telling me how it went.

Thanks,

Cabot.

Turney
12-18-2006, 12:12 AM
It was a good turn out around 30 people showed up. I know if it was held on a evening or weekend it would of doubled but 30 people were the max anyway. If there is enough interest again I would host it on a weekend. I went out on saturday and called a coyote in with my new calling skills.

Cabot
Is there enough snow yet for you. Sure makes checking the snares challeging.

Turney

Cabot
12-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Good! I really wish I could've made it. Calling coyotes is one of my favorite things to do. I got myself a 204 last spring and worked up a decent load for it. I just wish there wasn't so much snow, makes it hard. I basically gave up trapping coyotes for this year, it sucks 'cause I had a great start until the white crap showed up. I'm doing some ADC work on the base. They have quite a few K9s there to take care of. I got the back roads plowed so I can get access all around it. I guess I'll be taking some there.

I'm heading for Calgary next weekend for the holidays, there's not much snow there according to my inlaws, so I'll try to get some calling done there. I'm trying to get someone to take me along while I'm there. I posted a message on the hunting discussion board to see if anyone would take me, but no bites yet. Hell, understandably I can't expect too much of anyone dead smack in the holidays. Anyways, I'll probably drive around there and ask for permissions anyways.

If you're going to have another calling seminar and it's not in the middle of the week, I'm in.

Good luck to you this season.

Dom.