PDA

View Full Version : Edson area

The Anvil
05-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Hey Everyone,

just wondering what the stream conditions are like in and around Edson.
Wouldn't mind hitting up the McCleod River as it is open near Edson.

Any info is greatly Appreciated.

Cheers!

bardfromedson
05-24-2009, 12:48 PM
its pretty dirty but still fishable. buddy of mine had his boat on yesterday and was catching the odd eye but not great.

deanmc
05-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Looks pretty muddy in Whitecourt.

The Anvil
05-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Oh wow an evening of SPAM!!! lol

Well I headed out to The McCleod today, as you can see I am just reading your posts now and saw first hand how muddy the waters were today...LOL could have saved the trip if I had read before I left.......I like the drive from Edmonton, mainly cause its away from Edmonton.:tongue2:
I hit the spot just off hwy 47, the river is up considering I usually fish it in August. The river right now is indeed a murky brown, my attempts for the Rocky Mt. Whites were unsuccessful as were my attempts for "eyes" and any other species known to be in that area.

bardfromedson
Cool thing I saw was a couple of individuals take there boats out on the river just before we were about to leave. Looked like a blast, not sure if they were jet boats or not but still really cool none the less.
Maybe that was your buddy, and yourself as there were two boats, I was the guy Drooling on shore wearing the Lucky 13 Shirt :evilgrin: and giving a thumbs. Not sure if that was you guys.
Whom ever they were it made me jealous and lead to an hour long conversation on the way home about why I need a boat like that. :D

Anyways I will be heading down that way again July or at least early august.
Let me know when the Grayling are in the area.

Cheers
Anvil