PDA

View Full Version : Southern AB Fishing Recommendations

tbiddy
05-24-2009, 11:39 AM
So we have moved to Calgary from Edmonton and I have no idea where to go fishing. We picked up the boat from storage and we are looking to take it out the 1st weekend in June. We have a 26ft Crestliner pontoon boat so we need a lake that has a decent launch.

We are thinking either McGregor or Crawling Valley for the 1st trip. Which one has better fishing right now? Just looking to do a little trolling and hook into some pike. Also, is there a lake that has some storage that we could keep the boat at so we don't have to haul it back and forth? Suggestions?

calgarygringo
05-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Be careful at CV as there are a lot of spots you can take out your bottom end of your motor if you don't know the lake, or maybe even ground your pontoons. I have seen several at Traverse in the lake. Bigger with good deep launch and lots of lake to fish.

floppychicken
05-25-2009, 01:40 PM
McGregor's probably not too bad but can get REALLY WINDY in a hurry. The boat launch is deep enough but the wind might make a pontoon 'landing' difficult at best. As another poster stated, Travers Reservoir (just South of McGregor) is likely your best bet.

Cheers,

/FC...

tbiddy
05-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys. I think we are going to try Travers next weekend. Ya the wind can make it a little tough sometimes to get those pontoons onto the bunks.