PDA

View Full Version : NAFA...Coyotes and others

Cabot
05-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Just out of curiosity, how did you guys do at the auction?

Some of my foxes and beavers were bought back, not too many though, but enough do leave me short a few $$$.

Critter???

bushmaster???

Cabot.

aka bushmaster
05-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Prices were TERRIBLE !! I'm still cryin' my eyes out.

Cabot
05-25-2006, 12:06 AM
I know how you feel bushmaster.

So much for the predicted boom a lot of people talked about. Oh well! I guess I'll be sending my stuff at the February sell instead, and see how that goes.

Good luck to you next season.

Cabot.

aka bushmaster
05-25-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't even care about a boom, but was almost sure that prices would hold....they always have. These are the worst prices I have ever gotten. And I've never understood why the sales are right in the middle of the season, when we're busy collecting the fur, not having all the time required for put up and shipping etc.

critter
06-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey guys, yeah we were looking forward to our results when we came back from our fishing trip awile ago and were surprised just like you. I beleive we sold acouple coyotes for 38 $$, no foxes, and all the others did not sell, so well have to wait until there carried over to the next auction. I hope those were the worst ones, and the other 100 we have still to sell will be worth more $. I sure do hope things get better with prices at NAFA, because although its a great hobby, lots of fun, its alot of work for the results we are recieving. But hey, at least i still have one thing to look forward to from this coyote season. In the fall, we'll be picking up our wolf rugs!!;)

Cheers!

critter

critter
06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
the web site had it all wrong. We recieved a cheque for 3 grand the other day and we still have quite a few coyotes and foxes to sell. Prices werent amazing, but we did sell and they were reasonable. :)

ruger300
06-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Glad to hear that you're happy with the sale critter. I got my fur cheque in the mail last weekend and netted $805.60 for 24 yotes and 2 unsold. Top dog was $73.59, with a few round the $60 mark, 5 round the $50 mark, and the rest averaging round the $40 with a few under $10, those were the close ranges with the 22-250 that I sewed up and tried to make pretty, LOL. All were sized xl-lge with the color of dk-dbr. I'm pleased with the prices I got, it more than paid for my new H&R Ultra Varmint .204 rifle and partly covered the costs of the nikon 6-18 buckmaster scope that sits on top of it. Hey, like ya say, its a hobby I enjoy doing and if I get paid for it at the end of it all, even better. Can't wait till next season.

ruger300

"Hunt hard, Kill clean, Apoligize to no one."

critter
06-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Good to hear your success at the sale ruger... Ya we got a few around the 70-80 mark, with average close to you. One for about 1.04$. Yes, i know, there were a few that should not have made it. LOL, a few sew jobs as well lol. cant remember if i ever posted a year end pic here, if u would like one, i will. Cant wait till next season, and the other cheque still to come for some in this sale :D

Cheers everyone!!

critter;)

gopherslayer
09-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Hey guys....when is the fur good (month/time of year) to start hunting coyotes?? [/noob] :\

Cabot
10-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Gopherslayer,

Last week, a friend of mine brought me a coyote to process because it's his first one with a bow. It was a female pup which weighed no more than 12 lbs. The leather was still very blue and I live in Northern AB. Usually, for myself, I'm safe around the 1st of November on.

Cabot.