PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isle Report

Morph1
05-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Went out on Saturday, launched on the west side of the lake,
fishing was pretty good, caught 12 jacks and girlfriend caught 5,
we took home 2 for the fish fry and it was unfickenbelievable...,
I also noticed something strange on the shore, some idiots left 5 large white fish right on shore gutted out and without heads, why lol I question myself ...
Regarding the lake water was fairly clear however the water level must've dropped at least a foot from last year.
We haven't been able to hook to any walleyes though.

Hope it helps someone,

Cheers and Happy fishing !

pdfish
05-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm shocked that you haven't gotten into any walleye at Isle. I may head there one evening this week. Any size to any of the pike?

TrollGRG
05-24-2009, 10:37 PM
I didn't think there were any whites in Lake Isle

goober
05-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Went out on Saturday, launched on the west side of the lake,
fishing was pretty good, caught 12 jacks and girlfriend caught 5,
we took home 2 for the fish fry and it was unfickenbelievable...,
I also noticed something strange on the shore, some idiots left 5 large white fish right on shore gutted out and without heads, why lol I question myself ...
Regarding the lake water was fairly clear however the water level must've dropped at least a foot from last year.
We haven't been able to hook to any walleyes though.

Hope it helps someone,

Cheers and Happy fishing !

Where were you on the Lake Morph? I find it hard that you had no Walleye action. Did you target them or were you just chasing Pike? I have a cabin out there and I find it hard to catch anything but Walleye at times!

Morph1
05-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah those white fish were big, prolly in 4 - 6 lbs range , just stop by Kokomoko Park lol, they are right by the boat launch,
as per walleye, I heard that it's still too early for those guys, there is a tributary at the north side I think its Sturgeon River and folks told me that's where they spawn,
I did try to target them the weekend before and this past weekend without a single bite, all the pike caught were around 2 islands off of the park where we launched on the west side, nothing extremly big 5-6 lbs, kept 2 and they were delecious, lime color rapalas did the trick.

Where is the best spot out there to hook to some walleyes?

Cheers

pdfish
05-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah those white fish were big, prolly in 4 - 6 lbs range , just stop by Kokomoko Park lol, they are right by the boat launch,
as per walleye, I heard that it's still too early for those guys, there is a tributary at the north side I think its Sturgeon River and folks told me that's where they spawn,
I did try to target them the weekend before and this past weekend without a single bite, all the pike caught were around 2 islands off of the park where we launched on the west side, nothing extremly big 5-6 lbs, kept 2 and they were delecious, lime color rapalas did the trick.

Where is the best spot out there to hook to some walleyes?

Cheers

Lots of good spots. If you can find the weed edge out in the middle from the camp (about half way between shore and the island).

My favorite spot is west of island (and camp) on the north side. There's a small bay back there. Right off the point (there's a camper on top of the hill), a gravel finger runs out to the deeper water. If you can't catch one there, something's wrong.