PDA

View Full Version : Sig MPX

Newview01
03-09-2018, 08:19 PM
Anyone have one?

fordtruckin
03-09-2018, 08:53 PM
A coworker of mine has one with the stabilizing brace. Sweet little set up. I’ve been wanting to buy one with the short barrel and collapsible stock. I just can’t get around the 1600$ price tag plus the 200$ sbr tax. I’ve thought about the carbine length but don’t think it looks nearly as good. Maybe one day as I used to say the same thing about a suppressor and I ordered one back at the beginning of February. Times change...

CaberTosser
03-09-2018, 09:19 PM
I WISH they were $1600, and what's an SBR tax ;)

But then again you & your friend can actually shoot them in the woods or at your own back 40 range legally.....

fordtruckin
03-09-2018, 09:34 PM
I WISH they were $1600, and what's an SBR tax ;)

But then again you & your friend can actually shoot them in the woods or at your own back 40 range legally.....

Short barrel rifle. Any NFA or national firearms act items require a 200$ tax stamp. So short barrel rifles and shotguns as well as suppressors all require the additional $200 to the BATFE. That item gets registered in your name and is next to impossible to get if of if you want to sell it down the road. I’m relatively new to the world of NFA items but my understanding is even after you purchase it every time you move you have to update the feds with your new address etc...

CaberTosser
03-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Sorry to make you type all of that, I know what an SBR is, that's what my wink meant!

You guys will just be jealous about how much more practiced we'll be in reloading ours. 6 times more well-practiced :sign0176:

And by 'ours', I mean the ones other Canadians have plus one I have in my imagination.

YoteStopper
03-09-2018, 09:53 PM
I have fired one, seemed to be a nice piece of kit.

fordtruckin
03-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Sorry to make you type all of that, I know what an SBR is, that's what my wink meant!

You guys will just be jealous about how much more practiced we'll be in reloading ours. 6 times more well-practiced :sign0176:

And by 'ours', I mean the ones other Canadians have plus one I have in my imagination.

Haha no worries I’ve been using my phone all day so I missed the emoji. Anyways yeah hi cap mags are nice to have but I find I burn too much ammo. I’ve been looking for 10 round mags for my AR instead of 30s. Crazy that they cost a few bucks more but they just aren’t as popular so I guess I get it, supply and demand. I’m actually contemplating selling my AR due to the current world events and I could pick up a nice bolt gun in 223 and still use my can on it. Id rather get into precision shooting then reflexive spray and pray. Been there done that with Uncle Sam.

FishOutOfWater
03-10-2018, 02:46 AM
plz delete

Newview01
03-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Can I get something clarified here.

https://thegunblog.ca/2017/03/31/sig-sauer-mpx-approved-by-rcmp-as-5-round-restricted-carbine/

SIG said its MPX look-alike pellet gun will also be classified as “Restricted” in Canada.

We now have a restricted pellet gun in Canada?