PDA

View Full Version : Fishing...West of Calgary...Cochrane

wmw9
05-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey, I just moved up to Royal Oak and am looking to do some fishing on the Bow, or anywhere decent in that area. Any suggestions?

baitfisher83
05-25-2009, 06:02 PM
depends on how far you're willing to go, me and my dad head further west to sibbald pond/lake<lake not stocked yet last weekend>....but we had good luck on the pond...or at least i did outfishing my dad like 30 to 1...lol

Husky Jerk
05-25-2009, 07:20 PM
There is a parking lot in Cochrane at the hwy22 bridge over the bow. Park there and walk across the bridge to the south bank of the river and start there. There are always nice browns waiting under that bridge. From there you can walk either up or down stream and usually have good success.

baitfisher83
05-25-2009, 08:08 PM
sigh guess i'm not goin out there tomorrow, dad has to work, wish i could get to that part of the bow myself....

moosemad
05-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Heard there was a trail down to the Bow just west of there by the gas plant. Never did fish it but was told that is a good stretch of shore to fish. Good luck.

Fishing Gal
05-26-2009, 09:05 AM
There is alittle church heading west on the 1A just after cochrane and just before morley. Head down the trail to the river and you will be catching them all day!

Silverado
05-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Heard there was a trail down to the Bow just west of there by the gas plant. Never did fish it but was told that is a good stretch of shore to fish. Good luck.

That is a great stretch of the bow. Head west of Cochrane on 1A. Turn left when you see the gas plant on your left. Drive to the end, and you'll find a trail down to the river.

Lots of good rainbows, some browns and the odd brookie in there.