PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Price?

littlered
12-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Anybody know what a guy can expect for frozen whole this year.

nube
12-08-2005, 06:10 PM
not worth the gas money. I checked the first auction prices and they were not good at all.

Re: Coyote Prices?
12-08-2005, 08:06 PM
i just talked to a guy from western canadian fur auction and he said that alot of buyers got stung last year buying whole yotes that hadnt been cared for properly they had alot of hairslip and damaged goods. The only coyotes that are worth anything now are prime well handled clean undamaged goods and even they are going cheap. Tip. Halford can pay more for damaged goods than any other fur buyer or auction. dont know why just know.

Dave C
01-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I took in a BIG, prime male (carcass) yesterday with no damage other that a small entrance hole. The guy I talked to said that the dog was just the kind they were looking for, nice white belly...etc. I only got $20 for him, so I'm guessing the prices are kinda low. Somebody told me the Hutterites will skin them for $10 each. Has anybody heard of this, and would the $10 investment be worth it? (I hate skinning yotes, they smell worse than a gutshot deer:lol )

Thanks,

Dave

Rob
01-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Here's a little coyote skinning tip:

Year's ago my dad hired a native guide to take him and my Uncle John on a packhorse trip for caribou in northern BC. They were successful, but prior to the return trip by packhorse, their native guide stuck a finger full of Vick's Vapo-Rub up the nostrils of each horse, claiming that the horses then wouldn't be able to smell the meat of their caribou and would then pack out the meat without fuss.

I was skinning a coyote a few years ago that really stunk bad. In fact, it was so bad I was just going to chuck the thing because I couldn't take the smell. Then I remembered this story my dad had told me.

Guess what? Vapo-Rub works well up the nostrils of a human as well. No smell... well except for the Vapo-Rub of course.

Rob

Dave C
01-04-2006, 01:44 PM
So is $20 about right then for a nice big yotie unskinned then? How much more do you get for them if they are skinned?

Thanks,

Dave

Trapper Joe
01-04-2006, 06:15 PM
At Furharvester's Auction in December western coyotes averaged $40.00.

Rackmastr
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
So does anyone have any connections to guys wanting to buy whole coyotes anymore?

Dave C
01-05-2006, 10:48 PM
They take 'em. I don't know where else around Edmonton.

VANST
01-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I hear that every yotey you hit square in the ass, is worth one case of beer delivered to east eagle hill. Only if you use a new rifle worth more than 1500 hunderd. LOL

No baiting allowed !

Forever yours
V

coyotes
02-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Could someone define the terms "green" and "round". I've read them on some threads, but haven't heard a definition for them.
tks

aka bushmaster
02-26-2006, 08:53 PM
$20 seems to be about the norm for whole coyotes..or "in the round".

Green..usually means skinned and frozen.
Put up...skinned, fleshed and stretched till dry...ready for sale.

My Hutterites put up coyotes for $8 each.

As to whether its worth it or not...its up to you and depends on the pelt. At the last Nafa sale the price for Alberta coyotes was up a bit and averages in the $50 - $60 range were not unheard of.

Smell of money
02-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Thought we always called it the smell of money Rob?Who would want to disguise that?:hat :hat

pintailslammer
03-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I averaged between 25-30 unskinned this winter I figured out about an average somewhere around 27.50

Pintailslammer

mike2005rulz
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Is there really a place you can sell unskinned coyotes, as a kid we always skinned them and sold them at the Edmonton Fur Auction. I see that the Edmonton Fur Auction is no more so where does a guy sell the furs in Alberta. From reading the previous posts i see that the average price was $20.00 to $40.00 is this true that is shocking. 15 years ago we got anywhere from $80.00 to a high of $210.00. What happened to make the price fall out like it has. Anyone hunt in the Hardisty area, I have not been out there in years but at one time it was awsome. The area all around Bawlf was really good as well. This is my first reply as i am new to this forum and just getting back into hunting and trapping.

aka bushmaster
03-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mike. There are a few guys around who buy whole coyotes but I skin mine and ship to NAFA, thru the ATA store in Westlock. Prices at the last auction seemed to run in the $50 - $60 range. I'm east of Hardisty and I've been over that way but its been a few years.

coy prices
04-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I took 51 coys to a guy at Red Cliff and averaged 35$ on them. Unskinned and frozen. I thought that was all right.

bearbait
04-09-2006, 09:16 PM
hey mike i knew id see u on here sometime...
spring bears open give me a call and well go blast yogi!!
rob

trouble
12-04-2007, 08:05 PM
red cliff like 15 kilometers out from medicine hat?

MuleyMonster
12-04-2007, 10:09 PM
How much are yotes going for this year?

Whole and skinned?

Does this guy by Redcliff take them either way and all winter long?

Thanks

YamahaMan72
12-04-2007, 10:22 PM
The guy in redcliff takes them whole not sure what he is paying last year i got 20 to 25 depends how muth damage

rbirnie
12-04-2007, 10:23 PM
As far as I know there is no way to tell what someone will get for a skinned yote. People predict and estimate, there are forecast but I don't think it is anything solid. I am hoping to average $50.00, if that happens I'll be happy:)

Whole, I have no clue

East Coast Caper
12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Guess what? Vapo-Rub works well up the nostrils of a human as well. No smell... well except for the Vapo-Rub of course.

Rob

:lol: i am employed in the medical profession. i have used this trick for years (as you can imagine there are some pretty darned ugly smells associated with humans). although, i prefer to use tiger balm!

ducky_hunter
12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
go here for up to date fur prices

http://nafa.ca/page.asp?/trapper/shipping/index.asp

Ishpah
12-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Here's a little coyote skinning tip:.............................................. ...............................................

RobRob, that's an old Ukie trick, that Native guide must have visited my granpappy over in Saskabush. There was a small jar of Vick's right beside the wipe out in the two-holer on the farm. I don't think it was being used for 'roid cream.

C-GMIC
12-11-2007, 05:47 PM
New to the board, average last year stretched was 70 bones through NAFA going to hang on to the fur probably this year due to the dollar. Was offered 40 dollar avereage from the country buyer.

Good luck keep your fingers out of the steel.

real men use a 218 Bee.

brett01
12-14-2007, 07:17 PM
depends on the color. Lighter dogs with whiter bellies get higher prices. i get between 30 and 40 bucks for an unskinned frozen coyote. only about $5 more if you skin them. It aint worth the work and the stink! Fox is going for about $15

rugatika
12-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Who's buying whole unskinned wolves and yotes in the Edmonton area this year? I heard halford's wasn't doing this anymore? True?

brett01
12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
cant help you there, my guys outa sylvan lake

rbirnie
12-15-2007, 06:09 PM
depends on the color. Lighter dogs with whiter bellies get higher prices. i get between 30 and 40 bucks for an unskinned frozen coyote. only about $5 more if you skin them. It aint worth the work and the stink! Fox is going for about $15

Who the hell is paying that for whole coyote's?????????????

brett01
12-15-2007, 07:51 PM
his name is reuben. those were prices earlier, i spoke with him 2day and he said the price has dropped, but will come up again. Thats why im holding out as of now, just put them in my big deepfreeze.