PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Lakes

Sartorius
05-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Does anyone have any info on the Emerson Lakes? I'm probably going there in early July, and I've never been there before. Barry Mitchell said that only the southernmost lake gets stocked. Is that true?

-JR-
05-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Is that the one north of Edson

-JR-
05-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Is a very nice like

fishman
05-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I just read a post on somebody there last weekend and never caught a fish, this is my take on the lake if u r just going there for the fishing then go some where else...........the scenery is nice and there is some creeks around and the athb is close and the creek has brookies in it......i haven't fished it for years but everybody from edson can tell u that it usually only produces small fish

Sartorius
05-27-2009, 11:01 PM
it usually only produces small fish

Interesting. The trout are stocked there, so maybe it wasn't stocked yet when that other guy went there. Also, for the 2005 Alberta Fish and Game Association Trophy winners, the Brook trout record (4 pounds) came from an Emerson Lake. I checked in Barry Mitchell's guide, and the only two "Emerson Lake" listings were for Emerson Lakes, and and Emerson Lake near High River. Apparently that one is stocked with rainbows, not brookies. But maybe it was back then, I don't know.

troutpirate
05-28-2009, 12:35 PM
the lake that the campround is on gets stocked with brookies every year. fishman is right, emerson is a poor fishery. it has way too many suckers. the brook trout that won AFGA for 2005 was caught in a differnt lake close by.

lambski
06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I agree with Trout Pirate. I have fished there a number of times in open water and have not had much luck. Having said that I have seen fish in there that would easily go four pounds.