PDA

View Full Version : Mabel Lake BC

Sir. Kenneth
05-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Im heading out there to go camping in a couple weeks. Just wanted to see if anybody has been out there. i used to camp there years ago but never got the chance to fish it. Any tips? We will probably be camping on the Enderby side at the north end of the lake.
Cheers

Thompson
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I was raised in Enderby and my folks still live there, I know Dad went there a few weeks ago just after the ice was off and didn't catch a thing he said there was lots on the humming bird all really deep though so i would suggest a Downrigger if you have one. the north end of the Lake towards noisey creek is usually pretty good along the shoreline right where the water drops off and then out to the point where the boat launch is (at noisey creek). The lake is quite large so i never really fished the south end towards lumby but i'm sure where the shuswap river flows in on the south end would prob be a good place to go as well. We always trolled with Ford Fenders, willow leafs and a wedding band, seemed to work alright this lake was always kind of hit or miss for us and liked to go to some of the smaller lakes with more consistant bites. but there are some big fish there and the angling pressure is relativily light. mind you i haven't been there for a few years now. where are you staying? the resort? Cabin?

Rob Miskosky
05-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Regardless of the fishing, the scenery is beautiful. I've fished Mabel several times and while I can't say I've caught a real big fish, I've caught several including salmon. We always accessed from the Lumby side.

Dark
05-27-2009, 09:11 PM
I won the Mable Lake derby with a 12lb 4 oz laker, this was the biggest fish ever caught in the 15 years they had the derby. The next year I placed 2nd with a 11 lb 2 oz, 11 lb 4 oz won it that year. Down riggers and lyman plugs fishing on bottom in about 120 fow best spot was out from the resort accessed through Enderby.
Never had much luck with rainbows caught a few up to about 4lbs.
Caught salmon up to 30 lbs using jman plugs, just follow the boats and get in line.

Sir. Kenneth
05-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, plans changed and we are heading out to trout lake now but i will be camping at mabel some point this summer. Probably staying at the campground at Noisey Creek.

K