PDA

View Full Version : BPS in stock fly rod selection?

Frans
05-27-2009, 09:27 PM
How's the in-stock fly rod selection at Bass Pro? I'm in the market for a 9-weight and I was wondering if I should pay Bass Pro a visit or better head straight for one the more specialized shops like Fish Tales in the South?

Frans

LongDraw
05-27-2009, 10:45 PM
The fly fishing section at Bass Pro is pretty but fairly sparse.

I would definately head over and see the guy's at Fish Tales. You cannot beat the service and knowledge there.

ULTRAlite
05-28-2009, 01:25 PM
The fly fishing section at Bass Pro is pretty but fairly sparse.

I would definately head over and see the guy's at Fish Tales. You cannot beat the service and knowledge there.

x2 - Wholesale / Russell / Can Tire southland could probably do better :)

Frans
05-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Hmm... can't find any fly fishing stuff on WSS's website...

F.

ULTRAlite
05-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Hmm... can't find any fly fishing stuff on WSS's website...

F.

Their website still blows - lots of stuff in stock in all price ranges. Was just in to look yesterday

Frans
05-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Just visited the Fishing Hole and looked at some St. Croix fly rods. Turns out they're located just down the road from my favorite lunch time Tim's! That makes it easy to spend lunch money on fishing supplies... not sure if this is a good discovery!

Frans

ULTRAlite
05-29-2009, 03:29 PM
another good choice - TFO's rods are also a pretty good bet

cooper
05-29-2009, 09:39 PM
another good choice - TFO's rods are also a pretty good betWhat he said great price to.:wave:

Frans
05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Ended up with a Sage Launch and an Amundson reel from WSS. They didn't have the line I wanted, so it's back to the Fishin' Hole for that on Monday. Nice lady was very helpful there (but they didn't have the Sage in #9), so least I can do is bring her some business. Have some traveling to do the coming week, but next Sunday/Monday I should be near or on the water! Pike beware.

Thanks for the advice.

Frans