PDA

View Full Version : water skeeter

fluxcore
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Ive had a leak in my toon for a while now and have had enough with them not getting back to me so I sent this email so here it is

I have tried to contact you guys for a while now, I bought a river tamer last winter and shortly discovered a leak in the left toon valve system with soapy water. I usually have to pull to shore every 2 hrs to pump it up. I'm extreamly happy with my toon but your customer service has me concerened. Ill be posting this email and reply on Alberta Outdoorsman.com as I'm a long time member and would like to put up any red flags I encounter. My handle is FLUXCORE feel free to read over some of my posts there are some great pics as well as fishing tips
Thanx look forward to hearing from you

Maby this will get me a response, Ill keep everyone informed on how thay proceed with me, if thay even get back to me

BBC0
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
My son purchased a Guide Pro in Red Deer two seasons ago and has had nothing but problems with leaks since he purchased it. To make matters worse, now the store has gone out of business. Meanwhile, I have had a Chetco (purchased in the states) for 4 years with no problems or leaks at all.
Do they maybe make lighter bladders for export?

bulliver
05-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I have 2 Water Skeeters and have had a problem with a leaking valve in one pontoon right from the start, they told me to try a shot of wd40 on the leaking valve. It worked up until this year. It seems to be a real problem getting anything from Water skeeter or finding anyone who sells it.

~Octane~
05-28-2009, 01:03 AM
I know this isn't Water Skeeter related but I will post it anyway...

I was torn on getting a Skeeter or a Fishcat....decided on the Fishcat because I like the design better, seems more solid and looked like it would ride higher up in the water. Absolutely love it. Anyway i've had it for 3 or 4 years now, last year in October on my last trip of the year it got a hole in the one side. I opened it up a week ago to patch the hole and it was right on the seam (un-patchable). Called up Outcast and before I could even explain how it got a hole in it and how old it was, he said he's got a brand new bladder on the way. Talk about great customer service!! I am planning to upgrade to a higher end pontoon for next year and I know for sure i'll be getting another Fishcat!

bulliver
05-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I talked to Lorne at The Fishing Centre in Edmonton and ordered a new valve. They are able to get parts and he is going to send his order in a week or so, give him a try.

1-780-473-4498

fluxcore
05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I talked to Lorne at The Fishing Centre in Edmonton and ordered a new valve. They are able to get parts and he is going to send his order in a week or so, give him a try.

1-780-473-4498

the valve on my toon cant be removed from the bladder. the valve wrench only removes the outer plastic ring so the bladder can slide out of the shell.
Im sh!t out of luck and need a new bladder. Still no response:mad2:

ccg818
05-28-2009, 07:19 PM
check out northforkoutdoors.com if you are looking for a pontoon. They appear to be better than skeeter or outcast