PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley Res.

fishingnut
05-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Was thinking of heading there this weekend. Have never boated here. Heard there are alot of hazards in this lake. Any info as to where to stay away from would be great. Was told that the west side of lake is where all the hazards are and that if you stay more in the middle when running the lake you are fine. Please any info. would be greatly appreciated. Do not want to ruin my new crestliner.

longshadow
05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Look back at old posts for CVR, there is a lot of good info. on where to stay away from as well as some good places to find some fish.

calgarygringo
05-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Yes great fishing but be careful where you go. There are several depth charts on the lake just google them. There is one nasty area I have seen several bad almost accidents is just in front of the s.e. islands. Looks pretty good but it is only a foot or two at the most depending on the lake level.

fishingnut
05-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes great fishing but be careful where you go. There are several depth charts on the lake just google them. There is one nasty area I have seen several bad almost accidents is just in front of the s.e. islands. Looks pretty good but it is only a foot or two at the most depending on the lake level.

I looked at the depth map and noticed it seems to be pretty good down the middle of the lake. So to get from point A to B would I assume that the middle or so called middle is alright to drive down. Once I get to where I want to go I will be driving more cautiously anyways, but I was more concerned on when making the run down the lake.

calgarygringo
05-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Down the middle is pretty good. Make sure you stop and work the front of the islands on the way. They are always good for a few hogs.

fishingnut
05-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Is thers a launch fee at CVR? I was told it was $5, is that true. If so, what time are they there to collect the money. I usually like to get to lake at around 7am. Would there be someone there to collect?

JBE
05-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes it was $5 last year. Just stop at the booth and fill out the form. Put your $$ in the envelope and drop it in the slot. I plan to get out there Saturday for the first time this year if I can ever get done getting the boat ready.

Waxy
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Is thers a launch fee at CVR? I was told it was $5, is that true. If so, what time are they there to collect the money. I usually like to get to lake at around 7am. Would there be someone there to collect?

If nobody is there -

There are forms available for you to fill out - vehicle description and plate # so they know who's paid, and a secure box to put your payment into. (Or at least this was all in place the last time I was there, I haven't been out yet this year.)

It's $5 well spent...

Waxy

riderpride55
05-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Fished there last weekend, they were not charging for the launch. fishing was good

Mulestalker
05-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Fished CV Tuesday,launch was free (sign on deposit box) launched at the old launch only to find out that the new launch was up and running....with docks!
Fishing was slow, boat traffic even slower, just one other boat out....gotta love shift work!
Your safe if you go straight out from the old launch to mid lake then header North...if thats where you want to fish?? Water temp 57-58