PDA

View Full Version : ANY YODIE CALLERS HERE??

DUKE
12-06-2005, 10:39 AM
JUST WANTING TO KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU GO OUT CALLING AND WHAT TYPE OF SET UP YOU USE. HOW LONG TO CALL ??? DECOYS??? WANT TO GET INTO IT THIS WINTER. I HAVE THE CALLS AND ALSO BOUGHT A COUPLE CROW DECOYS FROM WHOLESALE..

yote calling
12-08-2005, 08:19 PM
i hunt the farm country where you have fields with patches of trees anywhere from 100yds wide to 1000yds i set up on the down wind end ether in the field or slightly in the bush if its open enough. 80 yards away from where i think the yote will come out. I use the rabbit call holler away for 30 seconds to a min. then wait. i wait maybe 11/2 min. then call again and really get into it. long and loud. if nothing in 25min i move on if i get one it usually comes in the first 5 min.

Alberta Record Holder
12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I don't use any decoy, I find a good location where I can sneak in then stay quiet for 2-3 minutes, then I call. I find it is better if there is 2 guys, one for the calling where you can hide and then the shooter, it is better that way because they are quite good at spotting movement. Be prepare for shots up to 300 yards.

Are you from the Edmonton area?

Alberta Record Holder
12-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Are you from the Edmonton Area ? If you are , we should get together for some hunting.

DUKE
12-10-2005, 10:47 AM
wish i was from edm ab,, i'm in saskatoon .. called a couple yodies last winter and shot one with my .22 at 40 yrds.. i'm getting addicted to it and would like to know how others go about calling/set ups decoys..

Alberta Record Holder
12-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey DUke check this site out.

wcp-nm.com/coyotes/ (http://wcp-nm.com/coyotes/)

Craftyhunter
02-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey ARH,

I've started hunting coyotes this year, been out a couple of times and managed to call up about a dozen so far. I live in Edmonton as well. What I would really like is to head a little north or west and call for wolves. Kind of hesitant to go it alone would like some company, you interested?